Thread: Share Rating

Shouldn't it be good to have a share rating under 1.0?

If no, why not?

<span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Don&#39;t hate me cos I&#39;m a girl</span></span></span>

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    a 1 share ratio means u share as much as u dl, the higher the ratio the more u are sharing

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i changed from bittorent to bitornado, and i am very happy&#33;

many more features, and now my download is going at 60kbs instead of 20&#33;

one question... im connected to 99 peers and have 18 seeds, does this mean in uploading to 18 different people and downloading from 99?

<span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Don&#39;t hate me cos I&#39;m a girl</span></span></span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by the_faith01@19 July 2004 - 19:30

one question... im connected to 99 peers and have 18 seeds, does this mean in uploading to 18 different people and downloading from 99?
    Click on "advanced" to see who you are uploading to/downloading from

ABC contains BitTornado and allows you to have all your active torrents in one window ,you might want to try it

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by the_faith01@19 July 2004 - 18:23

Before, BitTorrent was probably trying to upload 10x faster than your connection. It&#39;s set to &#39;unlimited&#39; by default. This causes problems unless your connection&#39;s max reachable upload+download speeds are greater than 10 mbps.

BitTornado is much easier to lower the upload speed to a value your connection can actually reach and sustain.

Close on seeds and peers. Seeds have the whole file -- peers are &#39;fighting&#39; to get it&#33; So you were uploading to 99 different people (but probably only to 10 or so at a time) and downloading possibly from ANY of them -- except those who have none of the file which you still need.

If you have 10% of the file, maybe 80 of the 99 peers have file parts you want, while all the seeds could upload to you. But if you have 90% of the file, maybe only 10 or fewer of the 99 peers have file parts you want. This is a MAJOR reason why as your download nears completion it actually slows down -- there&#39;s fewer people who can upload to you&#33;

One thing to note is if you&#39;re firewalled or not (the yellow=firewalled/green=not light&#33 -- if you&#39;re firewalled, you cannot download from other firewalled users. Probably about 50% of everyone is firewalled, so not being firewalled will make your downloads about 3 times faster or more.