Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'you're Not Going To Have To Look For Us On Vacati

who knows and who cares. the only thing we (americans) should worry about in this election is how many fuck ups Kerry does. and how many accusations of fuck ups bush has done. Bush may be the lesser of two evils. the other evil being Kerry and Edwards.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by vidcc@20 July 2004 - 00:41
    could you find comparable figures for all other senators on an election campaign?
    thats an excellent point, what was kerry's voting record like when he didn't have a lot of alternative political commitments? How much of this year has he spent on holiday? This particular little factoid on its own doesn't tell us much

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4+19 July 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 19 July 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vidcc@19 July 2004 - 20:05
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 July 2004 - 17:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @19 July 2004 - 19:41
    ...the party strategry of character assasination.

As opposed to the Democrat strategy...

Paging Terry MacAuliffe...

which is?????
    Calling Kerry a flip-flopper (isn&#39;t he?) is character assassination?

Saying he misses votes? Doesn&#39;t he?

Questioning his "medal/ribbon" throwing story? Can you say for sure what he meant by telling such a variety of stories (all of which are apparently "true")?

What&#39;s funny is that Kerry says his "patriotism" has been questioned, but I don&#39;t recall Bush or Cheney ever referencing Kerry/patriotism in any ads (the media made a bit of a to-do about Kerry&#39;s medal story(s), but the media certainly isn&#39;t controlled by the Republican party), although there have been lots of references by Kerry and DNC Chair MacAullife about Bush&#39;s National Guard service.

Granted, the Dems don&#39;t seem to have much by way of a strategy, other than to accusing Bush of "lying", but then I suppose it would be tough for a Democrat to look at lying as a "character" issue, wouldn&#39;t it? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know.

They all lie.

What is he/she lying about?

What was Kerry&#39;s voting record 2 years ago? Last year?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by j2k4+19 July 2004 - 19:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 19 July 2004 - 19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vidcc@19 July 2004 - 20:05
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 July 2004 - 17:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @19 July 2004 - 19:41
    ...the party strategry of character assasination.

As opposed to the Democrat strategy...

Paging Terry MacAuliffe...

which is?????
    Calling Kerry a flip-flopper (isn&#39;t he?) is character assassination?

Saying he misses votes? Doesn&#39;t he?

Questioning his "medal/ribbon" throwing story? Can you say for sure what he meant by telling such a variety of stories (all of which are apparently "true")?

What&#39;s funny is that Kerry says his "patriotism" has been questioned, but I don&#39;t recall Bush or Cheney ever referencing Kerry/patriotism in any ads (the media made a bit of a to-do about Kerry&#39;s medal story(s), but the media certainly isn&#39;t controlled by the Republican party), although there have been lots of references by Kerry and DNC Chair MacAullife about Bush&#39;s National Guard service.

Granted, the Dems don&#39;t seem to have much by way of a strategy, other than to accusing Bush of "lying", but then I suppose it would be tough for a Democrat to look at lying as a "character" issue, wouldn&#39;t it? [/b][/quote]
    J2 my question was about the democratic statergy which you seemed to call into question.

My whole point is that (certainly in my state NM) all the bush adverts do is say bad things about Kerry and nothing about what Bush will do should we vote for him, And Shocks post just quoted from one of those adverts.

Personally i look forward to the debates and hearing from both men. I hope they will consentate on their manifestos and not childish namecalling.

ps did you see this on the news...funny jibjab....my land it&#39;s a very busy site so it is hard to get onto unfortunatly

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    They are as bad as each other with the crap..

FactCheck

The Republicans so far, have spent an estimated 75% of their Advertising Budget on negative advertising.

The Dems are almost as bad.

Doesnt really say anything positive about either party.

Shellshocked, what are the Stats for a year he wasnt on the Campaign Trail?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I guess it would only be fair to now ask "How many vacation days has Bush taken?".

Hmmm...more than your average Frenchman it would appear.
    Hardly the paragon of the American Work Ethic is our Prez, eh?

Good thing he&#39;s never had a real job, it&#39;d kill him.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by bryanskrantz@21 July 2004 - 06:28
    who knows and who cares. the only thing we (americans) should worry about in this election is how many fuck ups Kerry does. and how many accusations of fuck ups bush has done. Bush may be the lesser of two evils. the other evil being Kerry and Edwards.
    I can honestly say that is the first time I have heard Bush called the lesser of two evils.

Waddaya mean "who cares?" Don&#39;t think think it&#39;s kind of important to make sre the guy running the country is actually running the country, and not skiving off somewhere?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by Alex H@20 July 2004 - 00:23
    You&#39;re still going to vote for Bush because your stock has risen?
    BECAUSE HE&#39;S FAMILY.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by clocker@21 July 2004 - 22:25
    I guess it would only be fair to now ask "How many vacation days has Bush taken?".

Hmmm...more than your average Frenchman it would appear.
    Hardly the paragon of the American Work Ethic is our Prez, eh?

Good thing he&#39;s never had a real job, it&#39;d kill him.
    The president can do his job almost from anywhere, this arguments irrelevant and is a weak attempt to rationalize missing senate votes he has sworn to cast when elected. There&#39;s no absentee ballots for the senate and his actions are a gross dereliction of duty.

Sorry, I can&#39;t give it a rest. If you or I decided to look for a new job while still employed and just ignored 80 % of our current job we would be fired. Kerry (and most other politicians) feed at the public trough and it&#39;s absolutely wrong to ignore your jobs civil service duty&#39;s you promised your constituents you would perform to the best of your abilities.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by {SHELL%SHOCKED}@24 July 2004 - 11:14
    The president can do his job almost from anywhere, this arguments irrelevant and is a weak attempt to rationalize missing senate votes he has sworn to cast when elected. There&#39;s no absentee ballots for the senate and his actions are a gross dereliction of duty.

Sorry, I can&#39;t give it a rest. If you or I decided to look for a new job while still employed and just ignored 80 % of our current job we would be fired. Kerry (and most other politicians) feed at the public trough and it&#39;s absolutely wrong to ignore your jobs civil service duty&#39;s you promised your constituents you would perform to the best of your abilities.
    So are you saying that senators shouldn&#39;t be allowed to campaign unless they resign from the senate or do you think that they should be allowed to cast votes while away from the "office". we certainly have the technology to do this.
    What percentage of missed votes do you feel is acceptable having "sworn to cast when elected" 0%, 5%, 20% ?

what about missed votes while sitting in their home state "office" talking to the people that voted for them to represent them?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast