Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Hiring Any Mods?

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by j2k4@24 July 2004 - 06:49
    Consistancy will out.

If I had a laptop to take to work, and an inclination to moderate this board, I could do it using only the index finger on my left hand and directions on leaving WN&E/Lounge/Talk Club.

It requires an even hand and an even temper, plus a willingness to spend a bit of time.

I do not want to sell the mods short; no one is a bigger fan of the job they do than I am, but I think with the expansion into more worlds came the need for more bodies to provide coverage, and at that point we started to lose track of one another.

We reached a point where "Team Chat" became a farce, because there was no way in the world to get everyone together at the same time; I've never been a part of the moderating effort here, but simple logistics reveal the cause of the latent inconsistancy; and just think: all in the name of unnecessary expansion.

No offense to whoever originated the idea, but who the hell thought, with WN&E and the Lounge, that we needed "The Talk Club"?

Just as an example, you see.

I used to recognize all the people on this board by name, even if I never had an exchange with them, because everybody managed to stick their head in the door somewhere along the line.

Now, there are people who never leave Hardwareworld, or the lounge, or Book world, etc., and I am one of them!

Too many bodies, and the perception that expansion was a good thing; obviously nobody gave it any serious thought-now most of them are gone anyway.

This forum's only limitation is the server; none of the worlds is "too small"-there is room for everyone, and we don't all require our own "corner" to hide in.

Wow.

Not bad for being totally inebriated, huh?
    Shit yeah. Cool post.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by muchspl2@23 July 2004 - 02:42
    you back door censoring, much like the FCC raising fines imposed to disc jockeys (link)
    if you keep raising and raising my warn level and it never goes down, its not fair when I really do mess up in the future it would get a automatic ban
    plus all the valid points in this thread by Hobbes
    but what makes me think no one cares, how long have we begged/pleaded/demanded that freaking anti-spam be removed, no one listens to the little people here
    Your Warning was raised basically because of this post:
    ... in fact this forum was great because of the constance flaming
    too bad pussy's like you ruined it
    I had a problem with it, mainly because the attitude where it clearly says you are
    supporting the Flaming. Which I am not. And as far as I know of, Flaming is not
    supported by Admins either.
    I dont know why it should be allowed either.

The thread was Closed because of the flames, not only because your pics or comments.

You can deal with it as I have pointed out before, if you think i've not been fair.
    But I wont be changing my stand anytime soon on this matter. Nor I will be lowering
    your Levels.

And that will lead us to:
    The warning levels. They will go down.
    They actually have gone down on some ppl.
    Our current system is not "working" and it looks like we're going to have a
    better system for them levels, sometime later.

And this is a Hot Issue:
    Communication matters have raised a lot of eyebrowns lately. (putting it mildly)
    Nobody likes their Topics closed/removed without any note why was it.
    Also a matter which are been discussed in the Team Chat.

About busymans point here:
    If one doesn't have the time to moderate the board or do it properly then  GTFO !!!  ...and be a part-time member. You do the board a disservice. It IS black & white that this should be done. Simple logic should win.
    In the near future I will be leaving the board, and also the Moderating Job.
    Not because I feel bad about moderating muchspl2 or anyone else, but because I am
    moving to another house,
    will lose the Net, and I have no idea when I get the Net again. Could take over the
    coming winter.

Pop up the Bottles&#33; Hooray&#33; (<--- that one was for you muchspl2, cheapest I can come up atm)

btw, Hobbes has not made a post in this thread, I guess you mean the other thread.
    Good points he has, yes its true. Just like J2 here.
    And what I really like about them, there is no cheap comments or
    mud slinging.

I dont know who came up with the Talk corner, if it seems like a Bad Idea
    now,
    maybe its time to get rid of it?
    It was made so ppl could have a place to Talk OffTopic (Not FileSharing stuff)
    with a more serious attitude and
    without the Loungers spamming it to Hell.

Same as this thread got moved to lounge because of the OffTopic chatter.
    If ppl really dont want the thread to be moved to the Lounge,
    it helps if you dont Spam it. If im going remove few posts,
    we would have topics about removed posts.

Oh, this post is getting too loooong...
    Probably some stuff I forgot to mention too,
    but maybe laters.

Spoiler: Show

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678