Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avg Anti-virus

_
    I want to know what's the difference between AVG 6 Free Edition and AVG 7 Professional Edition.

And looking on the Grisoft site, which version would be suitable for me?

* AVG Professional
    * AVG Network Edition
    * AVG Email Server Edition
    * AVG File Server Edition
    * AVG SharePoint Server Edition
    * AVG Linux Email Server Edition

I'm guessing AVG Professional will be fine for me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    If they're both free, go ahead with Pro. Or you can wait a bit more for Norton AntiVirus 2005 Pro, the beta is out, I'm waiting on the final release.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    AVG sucks! And no matter which one you choose it will still say you have the Email Server Edition, unless they fixed that bug.

Try norton corp or nod32 instead.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    KAV v5.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    avg does not suck, get avg pro 7 if you can find it, think its still @ suprnova
    stay away from norton products

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It does not suck. In work I used Symantec Corp and got a virus, I then switched to AVG, at home I've been using the free version of AVG for about a year now and not got a virus.

What else do you want it to do?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by manker@16 July 2004 - 03:12
    In work I used Symantec Corp and got a virus,
    Then your sysadmin must did not update the virus defs on the main av server. Norton corp is designed to function as a client to an av server. The defs you get are from that server which the server gets from norton.

If you run Norton corp as a standalone application then you can exercise the update feature at your own discretion.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by shn+16 July 2004 - 09:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 16 July 2004 - 09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@16 July 2004 - 03:12
    Then your sysadmin must did not update the virus defs. [/b][/quote]
    If you mean the guy that takes care of the computers then that&#39;s me but a system admin isn&#39;t my trade

The virus definitions were up to date. The infected PC is not on the network though, it&#39;s full of MP3s and warez and is mine for messing about with at lunch or any other time I get to skive - like now. The auto detect did not detect the virus quickly enough and it destroyed a lot of the executables on my PC. To me AVG seems like lightening c.f. the bloated Symantec, the full system scanning time is certainly much quicker.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by manker+16 July 2004 - 11:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 16 July 2004 - 11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@16 July 2004 - 09:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker
    @16 July 2004 - 03:12

Then your sysadmin must did not update the virus defs.
    If you mean the guy that takes care of the computers then that&#39;s me but a system admin isn&#39;t my trade

The virus definitions were up to date. The infected PC is not on the network though, it&#39;s full of MP3s and warez and is mine for messing about with at lunch or any other time I get to skive - like now. The auto detect did not detect the virus quickly enough and it destroyed a lot of the executables on my PC. To me AVG seems like lightening c.f. the bloated Symantec, the full system scanning time is certainly much quicker. [/b][/quote]
    full system scanning is quicker, but there is nothing wrong with Norton......... it has the best intercepting rates available........ but uses more system resources....

i find AVG to defende my system well enough........ scans my comp fully EVERYDAY......... never finds a thing....... and the best part is its legally free&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

@ shn, i dont have the same problem, though it does say my OS is NT 4.0 build 2600........ though thats kinda true (XP).........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Is 7.0.254 the latest build?
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast