Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: The Best Best Move I've Ever Made

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Ok, I just restarted and it does scan on start up. Only thing though, it scans the objects that run on start up, so it doesn't scan your whole harddrive at start up, just the programs that load at start up. Which doesn't even phase my start up on 384 MB of RAM. And you can disable that sound notifaction, just go under KAV, then go to Settings, Additional Setting, and untick Enable Sound Notifaction.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    Originally posted by iMartin@29 July 2004 - 00:51
    Ok, I just restarted and it does scan on start up. Only thing though, it scans the objects that run on start up, so it doesn't scan your whole harddrive at start up, just the programs that load at start up. Which doesn't even phase my start up on 384 MB of RAM. And you can disable that sound notifaction, just go under KAV, then go to Settings, Additional Setting, and untick Enable Sound Notifaction.
    right...i didn't say it scanned the whole harddrive...but it did scanned over 1000 objects

the sound notification is not a prob...just this startup-scanning feature is annoying

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Originally posted by gildan2020@28 July 2004 - 11:16
    just this startup-scanning feature is annoying
    I personally think it's a good idea, seeing that most viruses and trojans load at start up...or..something like that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by danb@28 July 2004 - 10:32
    Scan finishedScan report 

System  Files  Messages 

Scanned Yes  89645  0 
      Infected -  0  0 
      Suspicious -  0  0 
      Disinfected -  0  0

AVG hasnt let me down though Thought I would do a quick check after Jaighandi's problem
    That does not prove anything. I would be more interested in how long it took you to scan 89645 files/folders and more so if you were able to run several other programs in the process or was it one of thoose "I have to shut down all proggies when I do a full scan."

I remember when I use to run nav corp I could scan that many files in 15 minutes top or my whole computer and run other programs. And yes nav let's you know how long the scan took.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    NAV forever bitches!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Originally posted by Withcheese@28 July 2004 - 11:17
    As a sidenote I just spent 4 days without any anti-virus (just a firewall) and didn't get 'owt. Living life dangerously.
    I've never used any anti-virus software and I only occasionally use a firewall cos I can't find a decent one...

Maybe it's time I learned about security

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Rick Phlegm+28 July 2004 - 19:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rick Phlegm @ 28 July 2004 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@28 July 2004 - 11:17
    As a sidenote I just spent 4 days without any anti-virus (just a firewall) and didn&#39;t get &#39;owt.&nbsp; Living life dangerously. &nbsp;
    I&#39;ve never used any anti-virus software and I only occasionally use a firewall cos I can&#39;t find a decent one...

Maybe it&#39;s time I learned about security [/b][/quote]
    The av you should definately have. but a firewall is not completely necessary, depends on where you frequent on the internet. majority of the people trying to hack theese days don&#39;t have a freakin clue so it&#39;s not all that serious as the media hypes it up to be.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    Originally posted by Rick Phlegm@28 July 2004 - 19:14
    I never used any anti-virus software and I only occasionally use a firewall cos I can&#39;t find a decent one...

Maybe it&#39;s time I learned about security
    And you&#39;re still alive?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    Originally posted by iMartin+29 July 2004 - 02:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iMartin &#064; 29 July 2004 - 02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rick Phlegm@28 July 2004 - 19:14
    I never used any anti-virus software and I only occasionally use a firewall cos I can&#39;t find a decent one...

Maybe it&#39;s time I learned about security
    And you&#39;re still alive? [/b][/quote]
    Barely...

70% scanned and 13 viruses so far....

So, thanks for this thread&#33; :">

EDIT: Last count: 14 viruses&#33;

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567