Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi...last Time I Swear

Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by original_nuttahx@25 July 2004 - 18:52
    i have and none of them work!! dvd santa works ...but then crashes after 5 minutes boil 2 soft dnt work either........

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLP ME PLEASE
    The easy option is to download an all in one software like neodvd it will create a dvd direct from an avi.

When you get more experienced you may choose something like tmpgenc, which provides more flexibility.

By the way we are all assuming you want to create a dvd video from the avi to watch on a dvd player. If you just want to save the avi to a disk for watching later on a PC then just burn as DATA on nero.
    Robert00000

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by original_nuttahx@25 July 2004 - 19:52
    i have and none of them work!! dvd santa works ...but then crashes after 5 minutes boil 2 soft dnt work either........
    you have got to correct any faults with avi's, before you convert them.

If you download with a kazza type app. you will have a few

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    nothings working arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah neo dvd doesnt like the avi files the others do .......................................................................................................................................is it really this hard to do?

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I know I mentioned this before but why dont you save yourself time and your pc some as well
    and make your life a little simpler and just buy a multiformat DVD player like this one...
    http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c...uctId=DVP642_17

This is a great unit and works absoulutely perfectly on just about anything.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    My hope is to burn them and watch them and sell them to people and stuff....is what i am trying to do so hard? ive tried sooooo many programs guess i havent found the right one yet

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    Sorry to hear youre struggling pal - but it really isnt that difficult .

first use tmpgenc to convert your avi to dvd.

then load up dvdauthor, and choose the file you just created. this will author the files for you, and you can also add your chapters etc - its all very simple and straight forward.

then simply burn them using nero

dont be put off by the fact that these 3 programs arent an all in one package, theyre all very easy to use.

copying dvds is much simpler - use dvdshrink. it will convert and burn them for you, however it doesnt work with avi files unfortunately

if you have any more problems, pm me - im sure i could walk you through it. it sounds like you could do with updating your codecs if you keep finding programs keep crashing/rejecting your files - it worked for me.

all the best with it pal
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    GUYS SORTED IT&#33;&#33;&#33;

Finally done it after ages work well only problem is i have some crappy dvd disks which makes the movie skip 2wards the end&#33;&#33;&#33; they r fine with a dvd-rw better quailty probably&#33;

if anyone know anywhere in the uk to get good quality blank dvds let me know, everywhere i look they seem to charge a fortune for p n p etc

thanks guys for all ur help&#33;&#33;&#33;

mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12