Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Download? No Sour? Remotley Qued

Munchables
    K++ is a nice program, however it has not reached it full potential. A ‘resume all’ button would be vary helpful. Ever have a cretin downloads that is very slow or they can’t find any ‘sources for download’? I find pausing the download then resuming it helps, in some cases pause all your downloads that are searing or remote or slow then resume them one at a time waiting until the download starts to no sources are available then go to the next. Do not do this if there is a large demand for this file, you will loose your place in the que, however if there is a some what large number of people with that file when you search >8 (when you use auto-search more of course), then this method would help you a lot. At least one could incorporate ‘safe downloading’ where even when the user just downloads what ever he can as fast as he can and the client would put pauses between starting up the downloads. Also one should look into node hoping, Kazupernodes :
    http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/downloadcenter.php
    But that is the link on your site so nm.
    I am sure a lot of ppl have been saying this but that this feature would be great if it was incorporated into the program. Such as when you where searching you could be searching 5 suppernodes, that is 5 times the normal content you would normally get, I would hope you could sent this function pretty high. A better user of this technology would be to use it for getting more ‘sources for download’, this function could crawl through all the suppernodes, excellent for rawer files.
    I guess we will have to wait until RapidRoad or whatever comes our.

Peace

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Resume button needed? Their is already one in KL Also here are some basics if you haven't already seen this:

Originally posted by Tip By: Shinigami & modified by The_Great_Dude

Tip on Kazaa Lite [K++ Edition]
    Speed and PL System Basics:

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it's a first come, first serve at that point.)
    If you notice you have a PL of 1000 and it never drops because the cheat is automatically on, to turn it off: Go to Options, click more options..., K++ options, and uncheck the cheat.
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.

Make sure you setted up you're firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
    More sources usually = better speed
    Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
    Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.

You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
    Verifieds does not mean it'll always start right away! It's just used to increase the chance of finding the right file.
    Try pausing and resuming the file.
    Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.

PATIENCE!
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK! :-)
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
    Also, I'm not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
    I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    duh!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Huh?@26 March 2003 - 23:04
    duh!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Munchables@22 March 2003 - 02:04
    I find pausing the download then resuming it helps
    I find cursing at the monitor works, but that might just be me.

On a helpful note, try not to use anything else whilst downloading.
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Dude,22 March 2003 - 03:11
    [B]...the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.... [B]
    [/QUOTE]
    Definitely not true. I've been using it for ages, and my speed sucks most of the time. But that might be because I'm on a college network(they limit bandwith but I don't even approach that limit, lately I've been slower than my dial-up at home). I do upgrade KL once in a while, but that shouldn't slow anything down.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yeah, that's why it's a hypothesis. It can be true or not true.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    MY SPEEDS ARE ALWAYS GREAT becuase i kinda (pssst dont tell my isp) uncapped my cable modem so my speeds are always great
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    MY SPEEDS ARE ALWAYS GREAT becuase i kinda (pssst dont tell my isp) uncapped my cable modem so my speeds are always great
    wot do u mean by "uncapped my cable modem"? ...im new...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Uncapping means this.....................when your isp gives you your cable modem or dsl the cap the speed

(meaning they stop how fast the download speeds are ------>me berfore and after

ex.before 326kbs download -256kbs upload

AFTER unlimited download- unlimited upload

P.S. ITS NOT ALLOWED IF U DO IT AND YOUR ISP FINDS OUT THEY WILL CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND MAYBE DO SOMETHING EVEN WORSE THEN THAT.................. YOU GET MY DRIFT

LET ME KNOW IF I HELP
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast