i am canadian so i am offended.

Guns:

Gun murders rougly per year:
    Canada: less than 200
    America: Over 11,000

Sad? Car deaths comparison (per year)

Canada: 2,900
    America: 43,200

and canada has just as fast cars as the U.S. ...

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Ok, i'm Canadian, and I live near Ottawa, in Ontario (ottawa is the capital of Canada)

I'm here to give a small politics lesson to anyone unsure about Canada

The Queen is the person with full power, but little power, at the same time
    Under the Queen is the Governer General, the Queen's rep in Canada
    Under that is the Prime Minister, the person elected by the party with the most seats in the House of commons
    Every 4 years or less, Canada has an election, where each "riding" (areas of roughly 100,000 people) chooses an MP (member of parliment) depending on views, and which party their from (kinda like democrats and republicans, but Canada has the Liberals, Progressive Conservatives, NDP, Canadian Alliance, and Bloc Quebequois)
    For each riding that a Party has control over, they have a seat in the House of Commons, where desisions are made
    The party witht he most seats chooses one of their own, who becomes PM (see up)
    the PM chooses his cabinet, who are all people in his party
    In the House of Commons, bills are passed, descions are made, etc. and lots of yelling occurs.
    After a desision passes in the H of C, it goes to the Senate, and if they pass it, it goes to the Governer General.

WELL! wasn't that fun. thats a very rough sketch of the federal system. 3 points

Canada is independent in all political, economical, trade links etc from Britain

Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.

To be a province, there needs to be over 100 000 people (a riding)

Well thats basic politics in Canada, wait that only the FEDERAL system... if you guys don't let up on Canada, i'll have to tell you all about the PROVINCIAL system!

man did i write all that? holy crap!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by pyromonkey@24 March 2003 - 01:06
    Ok, i'm Canadian, and I live near Ottawa, in Ontario (ottawa is the capital of Canada)

I'm here to give a small politics lesson to anyone unsure about Canada

The Queen is the person with full power, but little power, at the same time
    Under the Queen is the Governer General, the Queen's rep in Canada
    Under that is the Prime Minister, the person elected by the party with the most seats in the House of commons
    Every 4 years or less, Canada has an election, where each "riding" (areas of roughly 100,000 people) chooses an MP (member of parliment) depending on views, and which party their from (kinda like democrats and republicans, but Canada has the Liberals, Progressive Conservatives, NDP, Canadian Alliance, and Bloc Quebequois)
    For each riding that a Party has control over, they have a seat in the House of Commons, where desisions are made
    The party witht he most seats chooses one of their own, who becomes PM (see up)
    the PM chooses his cabinet, who are all people in his party
    In the House of Commons, bills are passed, descions are made, etc. and lots of yelling occurs.
    After a desision passes in the H of C, it goes to the Senate, and if they pass it, it goes to the Governer General.

WELL! wasn't that fun. thats a very rough sketch of the federal system. 3 points

Canada is independent in all political, economical, trade links etc from Britain

Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.

To be a province, there needs to be over 100 000 people (a riding)

Well thats basic politics in Canada, wait that only the FEDERAL system... if you guys don't let up on Canada, i'll have to tell you all about the PROVINCIAL system!

man did i write all that? holy crap!
    I wish, as an American, to form a loose coalition with my Canadian brethren.

Having said that, what do you think of our host, Zardoz? Ain't he sweet?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #35
    zardoz is a fuckhead/face. and there are more deaths cuz theres 10 times as much people!!! (partly reason)

6. Lounge   -   #36
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    @ lil_z

it doesn't matter if the population is almost ten times higher, look at the numbers. over 10,000? that is disgusting.

oh, and i corrected the death tolls.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    yes i agree its still a hell of a lot. but w/ the pop'n dif its not as exaggerated. B)

8. Lounge   -   #38
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tilen76@23 March 2003 - 01:21
    Hell, all I know is that Canadian chicks are hot.
    I agree!

Good Ice Hockey players too!!!

9. Lounge   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by ClubDiggler+24 March 2003 - 06:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ClubDiggler @ 24 March 2003 - 06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tilen76@23 March 2003 - 01:21
    Hell, all I know is that Canadian chicks are hot.
    I agree&#33;

Good Ice Hockey players too&#33;&#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    HOCKEY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

HEY-ynhockey is Israeli-I would like to know the significance of his sig.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by kAb@23 March 2003 - 23:34
    i am canadian so i am offended.

Guns:

Gun murders rougly per year:
    Canada: less than 200
    America: Over 11,000

Sad? Car deaths comparison (per year)

Canada: 2,900
    America: 43,200

and canada has just as fast cars as the U.S. ...
    Canadian who&#39;s first loyalty is to America, Hardly a die hard patriot.

get off your hiogh horse I didn&#39;t say anything about murder and learn a sence of humour.

Don&#39;t forget a statistic about people who don&#39;t laugh at jokes.

If you are truely offended the I pity you.

If you missed the meaning of this post then I recomend you read more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast