Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handling Iso's

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    After fittting a new m/board and formatting my pc, I've reinstalled all the stuff I need most, because I had intalled winrar it automatically opened iso images with winrar so I unchecked the iso file extension from the settings in winrar, the next time I tried to open an iso it asked for which program so I clicked nero burning rom, now when I burn an already converted iso with nero it does'nt seem to work right for example...I have 2 iso copies of ms money on 2 seperate dics, I copy the iso 2 my hd then burn but when inserted I get a msdos screen then nothing, something I have noticed though is when if I create an iso with nero then it has a different file icon than old iso's I created b4. Any help greatly appreciated I could with ms-money on to get my tax return done.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    the ones created with nero have a .nrg file extension

to assocciate .iso files with nero:

open regedit
    go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT then to .iso
    set (default) to NeroImageType
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    get rid of Nero.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    set (default) to NeroImage type
    I'm not sure what you mean m8 I can find the key but where do I change the default, it just seems to add another key.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    you click on .iso then on the right hand pane there should be a value whth the name (default)
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ok I changed the value to NeroImage type but now when I click an iso file it says windows does'nt know which program to open it, I tried selecting the nero exe. but when I burn the file and insert the disc I get the same msdos window, after that if I explore the disc and click the installer exe. I get an error saying its now a windows installer, any more help greatly appreciated.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    it is not NeroImage type it is NeroImageType (note NO spaces)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Cheers m8 thats done the trick with the file asscociation The burnt image still does'nt work though, I get a message saying contact the application vendor to make sure its a window installer package this is weird as its worked before and I even had another copy on another backup disc so I don't think its just a bad copy.
    BTW when I auto run the burnt disc I still get the ms-dos box

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try mounting the ISO with alcohol 120 and see if it will install like that.

also if that works u should use alcohol 120 for all image related things, it's a great program.
    i sitll use nerofor burning music, data and vcd's though.

sparsely, what do u suggest instead of nero?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I think I have a copy of A120% around here somewhere I was trying to keep software to a minimum but its not that big is it, I'll give it a try and see if it works, is there somewhere to show virtual drives in my computer as I can't see it, I have seen a box for show virtual drives but I can't find it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast