Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decoding Tool For Newsgroups

Filliz's Avatar ______________

Works like a charm
    No more dl interuptions or the stupid 10sec. start-up delay

Thanks d00d

But still... A shame Thunderbird doesn't improves itself where it needs improving.

hmm...asspie

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Filliz@23 July 2004 - 09:54
    But still... A shame Thunderbird doesn't improves itself where it needs improving.
    Yeah, just imagine how useful it would be for a newsreader to access multiple servers simultaneously, open multiple connections to each, decode yenc posts, and complete posts from a different server as well as parse PAR, PAR2 and NZB files.

A newsreader isn't going to have all (or even some) of these features because they're not dedicated to file downloading. NBP does because downloading binaries is all it's supposed to do, and it's the best there is at it.

If you want a newsreader that also happens to be quite good for binaries then get Forte's Agent. Personally, I think it's a pofs, whether used for binaries or as a plain newsreader.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    muchspl2
    if you want a client that can acess differetn servers to get the same file
    news leecher I beleive is the one that can do it, herd you can increase you DL speed by useing it, but I;m just used to newsbin

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by muchspl2@23 July 2004 - 22:54
    if you want a client that can acess differetn servers to get the same file
    news leecher I beleive is the one that can do it, herd you can increase you DL speed by useing it, but I;m just used to newsbin
    Newsbin does it automatically, much. I love that program - in fact one could say I was so impressed I bought it (anyone older than 25 will now be thinking of shaving&#33
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    muchspl2
    uh yes, but you didn't buy the company
    besides I'm a gillette mach 3 man for life

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by muchspl2@24 July 2004 - 09:06
    uh yes, but you didn't buy the company
    besides I'm a gillette mach 3 man for life
    LOL erm... well, they call me Chewie for a reason, and it ain't 'cos I'm always eatin'!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    muchspl2
    oic
    I have to shave everyday because of my job, otherwise I would just let it grow out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12