Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing Title Of A Thread

Retired
    maybe a good idea but then with some sort of timer so you cannot change a topic title after X posts/time because if we enable this, topics in the Lounge will be changed multiple times...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@23 July 2004 - 11:27
    maybe a good idea but then with some sort of timer so you cannot change a topic title after X posts/time because if we enable this, topics in the Lounge will be changed multiple times...
    ya that works too
    could also add the poll option then too.

although that may be asking too much

@sek612, it would mean less work for the mods if we could change it ourselves. Plus it's kind of an annoyance to have to figure out which mod is online then go to the pm thing, pm them, then wait for it to change.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Retired
    I first want to know if some sort of timer is possible then I will make a poll

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@23 July 2004 - 16:32
    I'm pretty sure no. There might, however, be some sort of hack you can install to do this...but that may be too complicated for rookie and he'd end up fucking up the board.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@23 July 2004 - 11:32
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/rossco_2004/guessnot.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

keep in mind i am using an old and free\limited version of invision. Im not sure if that "edit time restriction" relates to the stuff under it or just editing an entire post.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Digital Nirvana+23 July 2004 - 11:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Digital Nirvana @ 23 July 2004 - 11:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@23 July 2004 - 16:32
    I&#39;m pretty sure no. There might, however, be some sort of hack you can install to do this...but that may be too complicated for rookie and he&#39;d end up fucking up the board. [/b][/quote]
    just shut up.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    I dont think that applies to thread title editing, where is that option anyways?? Even so, i think its best for everybody if rookie just keeps his noob ass out of the admin control panel.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Digital Nirvana@23 July 2004 - 11:47
    I dont think that applies to thread title editing, where is that option anyways?? Even so, i think its best for everybody if rookie just keeps his noob ass out of the admin control panel.

the option is about half way down the screenshot i posted, "can edit own post itile&#092;description - yes, no"

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    If this is not changed, you can always pm me or one of the other mods, I&#39;ve had pm&#39;s to fix titles in the past, and have no problem doing this

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by RPerry@23 July 2004 - 19:47
    If this is not changed, you can always pm me or one of the other mods, I&#39;ve had pm&#39;s to fix titles in the past, and have no problem doing this
    I&#39;ve edited titles too.

J&#39;Pol is one og the ppl who takes "extra-care" of his topic titles.
    He has PMed me in the past and i have done the changes, no problem
    with that.

I always answer to my PM&#39;s, sooner or later, have not missed one yet that im aware off.

I see this a little bit like the Guest Area thing, the core of the idea is good
    but I think it would get abused.

Spoiler: Show

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast