Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Must See Movie For Guys And Gals

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by sk8punk151@25 March 2003 - 21:36
    Is this movie really a good one? It looked kind of stupid to me. I didn't even know it was based on a book and it only stayed in theaters in my area for like a month if i can remember because of its low popularity.. I might download it tho bcuz it sounds kind of kool
    I unlike some of the posters above had never read the book(s), but thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The movie is excellent, especially if you had not read the book by reading what others have said. I have the same issue with Stephen King, books are excellent and the movies never compare.

Please remember that while reading books your imagination takes you places and lets you see things that in your mind are accurate to the plot or storyline, where in movies you're taken and shown things as the director has invisioned them, so there will always be disparity or differences.

That is not always bad, just different, you just have to understand that and try to enjoy what has been put together.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    What is it about and from what I remember I don't think it was in any of the theaters in my area?

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by ryanraab@27 March 2003 - 12:17
    What is it about and from what I remember I don't think it was in any of the theaters in my area?
    If you scroll up and read SD's synopsis you will get an idea of what it is about

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    some ppl havent heard of the count of monte cristo?
    the story is a classic. shame on all of you
    and this version is a great movie. i wanted it to go on longer.
    definitly a movie that could have been 3 hours and still enjoyable
    as opposed to... PEARL FRIKIN HARBOR for example
    download and enjoy

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Hmm, just 'cause i'm bored, i'll make a list of some of the differences between the book and the movie.

SPOILER!!!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Read at your own risk (SPOILER)
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

BEGINNING:

- Book: Captain LeClere of the Pharaon died and he was a Bonapartist and had Dantes deliver a letter to Bonapart as his last wish (and the reply delivered to M. Noirtier).
    Movie: Captain LeClere was sick so they had to stop at Elba and Bonapart asked a letter to be delivered to Villefort's father in exchange for medical treatment.

- Book: Villefort's father was M. Noirtier.
    Movie: Villefort's father was M. Clarione (sp?)

- Book: Fernand Mondego was a Catalan (Spanish) fisherman and a cousin of Mercedes who loved her and had nothing to do with the Pharaon. He first me Danglars when they were plotting revenge against Dantes.
    Movie: Fernand was Dantes's best friend.

- Book: There was another guy named Caderousse who was Dantes's neighbour who had an almost major role.
    - Movie: Caderousse wasn't there.

- Book: There was a big marriage feast for Dantes and Mercedes.
    - Movie: They celebrated the marriage with only the couple and M. Dantes.

- Book: Dantes was already the mate of Pharaon when Captain LeClere was there (the crew was so small that there needed not be 2 mates), while Danglars was the accountant or the 'supercargo' as is written in the book.
    Movie: Dantes was 2nd mate and Danglars was 1st mate before LeClere died.

- Movie: There was a big fight on Elba with Fernan and Dantes against some British troops.
    Book: There was no fight.

PRISON TIME:

- Book: The priest Farriah never mentioned the treasure until he was nearly dead.
    Movie: The priest told Dantes that no one knew where the treasure was hidden until he was nearly dead.

- Movie: Dantes was whipped by the guards every year.
    Book: The above was not so.

- Book: Dantes heard Farriah's digging and he started to dig in his direction too (he broke his plate on purpose so he would get the whole pan which had a metal part appropriate for digging).
    Movie: Farriah suddenly appeared in Dantes's cell after spending 5 years digging and thinking he was digging towards the open.

- Book: The priest Farriah died from a disease of some sort.
    Movie: The priest died because some rocks fell on him.

- Book: Dantes concelaed Farriah's body in his cell and made him look like himself so the guards didn't discover the hidden body for a very long time.
    Movie: One of the guards saw the dead Farriah immediately and was going to tell the others that there was a body in the sac.

- Movie: Dantes took down the main guard with him when he was thrown away.
    Book: He didn't. He untied the rock himself.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Ok i'm not bored anymore, maybe i'll continue this later if i'll be as bored

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12