Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Psu And Power Supply

hmm i dun get what the problem is....different type of molex?? so it might not fit my components?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@23 July 2004 - 23:27
    hmm i dun get what the problem is....different type of molex?? so it might not fit my components?
    see in the pic the blue molex? it's got a rounded edge. makes it eaier to unplug from cd drives and such.

it will work fine for the average device but the odd thing like a video card that requires an extra power connector MAY have problems with it. A y-adaptor or fan connnector as that guy mentioned would work fine though

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@24 July 2004 - 03:07
    so...my computer sounds like a monster...its really annoying cuz its all i can hear...so i wanna get some new fans and a new power supply...im still using the 2 fans and PSU that came with the turbo aspire case. psu is working fine but i should probably get a good one anyway and theres this annoying sound from it. and the fans are like hurricanes.......
    To silence your PC you need a plan.

Just buying new parts won't help when you don't solve the problem you're having now.

Take your time, and give us some pictures of your current setup.

and for a good read: SilentPCReview

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    plan??? arent the fans and the PSU the only thing that really makes sound?? so wouldnt going for quiet fans and psu make my computer quieter??

also...since the fan goes at 2500 RPM...and my cpu fan right now is like 2800...wouldnt it mean its getting less air in??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I guess you did'nt get the fact that you would'nt have to replace your fans if you bought the power supply I suggested.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@24 July 2004 - 16:08
    plan??? arent the fans and the PSU the only thing that really makes sound?? so wouldnt going for quiet fans and psu make my computer quieter??

also...since the fan goes at 2500 RPM...and my cpu fan right now is like 2800...wouldnt it mean its getting less air in??
    Just guessing here:

The PSU is making noise because you feed it with hot air to cool it.

Your air-intake is probably restricted.

Increasing case-fan-power (suction) probably robs the PSU from even more precious cooling-air.

Your case would probably benefit from a ducted heatsink-fan, expelling heated air directly out of the case.

You will be amazed how much noise you harddisk(s) make.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see? Enough reason to get a good diagnosis on what your problem is, and then make a plan to cure it.
    It doesn't need to be expensive, and your PSU is probably pretty quiet when it's still cold. If so, why exchange it?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    well i wanna get new PSU anyway cuz i'm using a crappy one that came with the case...just in case it messes up anything else in my computer...

so should i just get that antec powersupply and use the fan control thingies to lower my fan speeds??

or change some settings...well heres my system

the side fan is intake...the top fan is exhaust...and the psu is obviously exhaust...

Image Resized
    [img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v303/xxkrnxstylezxx/DSC04418.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Image Resized
    [img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v303/xxkrnxstylezxx/DSC04417.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Image Resized
    [img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v303/xxkrnxstylezxx/DSC04416.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Image Resized
    [img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v303/xxkrnxstylezxx/DSC04415.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    if ur power supply is like mine it is probably sucking up the air off ur cpu so a rear case fan, ehausting air, could help temps.

yes go for the antec with built in speed controller to control your fans.

an 80mm fan on ur cpu would be good too.

i guarantee it will be much quieter after.

next loud thing will probably be your loudest part, it is now mine.
    a nice seagate drive would be perfrect if i could afford a new one.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    so i guess ill buy 2 fans...a fan adapter thingy...and the antec truepower....thatll be like $100...whoo....already have a seagate tho

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It would help your cooling if you would have exhaust fans on the back of your case. The cooler you get the case with the antec PS the slower the controlled fans will turn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast