Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Psu Antec Or Akasa

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@25 July 2004 - 09:13
    lol angel makes me sound like a girl i really should change name.

anyway i read a few more reviews and antec is the bestfor voltages and tempratures it also helps my other case fans be speed controlled. the akasa does not do this.
    ur NOT a girl?

jk.

vb said yesterday in another thread that the antec has a speed controller that can control all fdans in your case. that would be helpful.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@25 July 2004 - 10:13

vb said yesterday in another thread that the antec has a speed controller that can control all fdans in your case. that would be helpful.
    The Antec has a thermal sensor (presumably in the case somewhere) that throttles the voltage on the "fan only" power line.
    My problem with this arrangement is that the fans are reacting to the temp inside the PSU, NOT the case itself.
    I think it is a mistake to assume that the interior of the PSU accurately reflects the condition of the entire PC case.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker+25 July 2004 - 11:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 25 July 2004 - 11:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@25 July 2004 - 10:13

The Antec has a thermal sensor (presumably in the case somewhere) that throttles the voltage on the "fan only" power line.
    My problem with this arrangement is that the fans are reacting to the temp inside the PSU, NOT the case itself.
    I think it is a mistake to assume that the interior of the PSU accurately reflects the condition of the entire PC case. [/b][/quote]
    oh the way he said it made it seem like it was a knob u turn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Antec. No Antec shirts or hats yet, sorry.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    damn those psus are expensive

u ppl are RICH

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    angel_of_death57
    the 550w antec has the fan speed control. The 480W does not i am not to fussy about it.Also i could add the fans to 1 of the 3 rails for 4 pin components for full speed.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@25 July 2004 - 12:21
    the 550w antec has the fan speed control. The 480W does not
    Where do you get your information???

The whole TruePower series has "Dedicated Fan Only power connectors" with speed control.

http://www.antec-inc.com/us/pro_p_truepw.html

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Check out this article at Tomshardware: http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/index.html

It shows the Antec True 380 to have an output of 471 Watts in a stress test.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@25 July 2004 - 23:16
    Check out this article at Tomshardware: http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/index.html

It shows the Antec True 380 to have an output of 471 Watts in a stress test.

OVER what it is rated.

that is very good.

they should stress a cheap 350watt psu and see what the max is they get out of that.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    angel_of_death57
    The 480w does not hav the speed control knob thats what i am saying thats the 550w truecontrol psu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123