Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Possible Bt Torrent Tracker

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@25 July 2004 - 23:12
    well when i had the tracker with like 2000-3000ppl connected the upload was going at 15-20kbps all the time....

now imagine uploading 15-20kbps 24/7  we would be out of bandwith soon... and hav to pay more for the server
    we DONT need to upload file to server so people leech it, a main seeder can make a torrent of his file and post it on the forums and other can leech it, like this only user(seeder) bandwitdh will be in use.
    suprnova needs bandwitdh cuz the users upload the file to thier server and they seed to other we dont need that way.
    this idea will work if ONLY broadBand users have accsess to that section other ways we must forget about BT on this forum cuz the suprnova way will cost alot and posting other sites torrent will cuase trouble, so we only have the "user seed and leech" idea.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    The only thing I am concerned about is that it is a private tracker. I can imagine the members who are refused access to it (for whatever reason) are going to get angry, and it could end up tearing the community in half. How would members be selected? It could be more trouble than it's worth, especially if it's going to be an elite clique like fasttracker

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@26 July 2004 - 08:58
    It could be more trouble than it's worth, especially if it's going to be an elite clique like fasttracker
    Who/what are fasttracker?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    nm B)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by Withcheese@26 July 2004 - 09:00
    Fasttracker
    'English impaired'

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@26 July 2004 - 09:58
    The only thing I am concerned about is that it is a private tracker. I can imagine the members who are refused access to it (for whatever reason) are going to get angry, and it could end up tearing the community in half. How would members be selected? It could be more trouble than it's worth, especially if it's going to be an elite clique like fasttracker
    I don't think people will be refused access

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mivaro+26 July 2004 - 09:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mivaro @ 26 July 2004 - 09:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@26 July 2004 - 09:00
    Fasttracker [/b][/quote]
    So those people with the Fasttracker av&#39;s and sigs are members of this elite tracker?

I thought they were just people who really liked the Fasttrack network, you know like we&#39;re fasttracking fasttrackers on the fasttrack network.

Learn something new every day...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    Originally posted by Withcheese+25 July 2004 - 21:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 25 July 2004 - 21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by tracydani@25 July 2004 - 19:05
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @25 July 2004 - 21:00
    Other forums manage it okay like that.

Just needs good modding is all. Any threads that aren&#39;t torrents get thrown into the main section.

So when you are in a torrent sub-section every thread is is a torrent.

I haven&#39;t been to too many other torrent sites(not in forum format anyway). As long as we could keep up, it sounds fine .

TD
    This also gives you a place to thank the person(s) who uploaded the torrent. A nice touch I think. [/b][/quote]
    I like the format, just wasn&#39;t sure how it would work with a large group.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@26 July 2004 - 10:58
    The only thing I am concerned about is that it is a private tracker. I can imagine the members who are refused access to it (for whatever reason) are going to get angry, and it could end up tearing the community in half. How would members be selected?
    I didn&#39;t realize it was going to be private.

&nbsp; It could be more trouble than it&#39;s worth, especially if it&#39;s going to be an elite clique like fasttracker
    Wow, I&#39;m elite :teehee:

I&#39;ll never here that again

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by tracydani+26 July 2004 - 10:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani @ 26 July 2004 - 10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@26 July 2004 - 10:58
    The only thing I am concerned about is that it is a private tracker.&nbsp; I can imagine the members who are refused access to it (for whatever reason) are going to get angry, and it could end up tearing the community in half.&nbsp; How would members be selected?
    I didn&#39;t realize it was going to be private.

&nbsp; It could be more trouble than it&#39;s worth, especially if it&#39;s going to be an elite clique like fasttracker
    Wow, I&#39;m elite :teehee:

I&#39;ll never here that again

TD [/b][/quote]
    That must mean I am double elite what with the 5 star overlord here

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast