Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Liberals Fuck You If You Don't Vote Conservative

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman@19 August 2004 - 17:54
    --End of ball smacking.
    Ah...

'Tis as I thought, then.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #132
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 August 2004 - 21:26
    Still...

I was struck at the disconnect indicated by your question, B.

I would have thought that had the question been lurking in your head, you'd have asked me, and some time ago, too.
    I would have thought Busy didn't ask you because he holds you in a high regard.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #133
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 August 2004 - 17:26
    I'm sorry, I just think this country has gotten beyond that level of hatred.

Hope I'm not wrong.
    It is that belief that gives a genuine credence to your notion that affirmative action is wrong.

Opponents will point out that those beliefs, however, are not applicable to real world settings.

Amazing that both sides have a point....

.....and that the mere asking of that question

.....shouldn't be a problem.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #134
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman@19 August 2004 - 22:17
    Amazing that both sides have a point....

.....and that the mere asking of that question

.....shouldn't be a problem.
    "That question"?

Some might say such things should be left alone, and subliminate the thoughts the question provokes or elicits.

Others believe that the more these things are talked about, or debated, the better off we will all be.

It should be apparent to all that racism should be rejected on it's face; those who continue to practice it are only vindicated by such discussions, because the first thing that occurs is the choosing of sides, no matter how tenuously, and therein lies the comfort of knowing one is not alone in holding such beliefs.

Some can be "cured" by being made to feel alone in their beliefs; that they may seek others who agree with their views but find no one.

Others may acquire the proper ideas through time and breeding, but there is little else (apart from what is called a S.E.E.; that is for another post, though) that will turn the trick.

To relieve someone of a racist point-of-view is much more difficult than what we try to do to each other on this board.

In any case, my thought is that racism cannot ever be legislated away, nor can it be beaten out of someone, and rare indeed is the person who can be shamed out of it.

To debate the subject is (as myfiles3000 said once) intellectual masturbation.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #135
    The last answer was an amalgamation of j2k4's non-answer and vid's answer and not your own
    Actually, it was an agreement with their statements. Amalgamation...agreement.....whatever. Either way, it's my thoughts too. Sorry, didn't know I was being judged on originality. I'll try harder next time.
    As for equality, sorry. I will hold God's law paramount. A country that follows God's will will be blessed. Go against it at your peril. If you don't believe in God, that's your right. I don't hold it against you and I hope you don't hold my belief in Him against me. Very simply, I believe that blessing sin is wrong. NO blessing can come from sin. None. The governments giving them papers making it legal doesn't make it right, just legal. While I don't think it's a crime, neither do I think it deserves legitimacy.

About the pedophile argument. The reason I used it was because I had been falsely acused of it in an previous post, so it kinda stuck in my mind. Nothing as an accusation was intended.

I want to say to busyman:
    1-Your welcome.
    2-Thank you for posing both well thought out and thought provoking questions. It's a welcome break from being called a "hate mongering homophobic pedophile" just for having a contradictory opinon.
    3-Another thank you for being above the above line and not indulging in those responses yourself. What makes this world great is that people from many nations and walks of life, irrespective of religious beliefs or lack thereof, can have a civilized, calm conversation without resorting to childish name calling. I find it most refreshing.

Later,
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #136
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by longboneslinger@20 August 2004 - 18:37
    As for equality, sorry. I will hold God's law paramount. A country that follows God's will will be blessed. Go against it at your peril. If you don't believe in God, that's your right. I don't hold it against you and I hope you don't hold my belief in Him against me. Very simply, I believe that blessing sin is wrong. NO blessing can come from sin. None. The governments giving them papers making it legal doesn't make it right, just legal. While I don't think it's a crime, neither do I think it deserves legitimacy.

but what about those that don't believe in your God? Why should we abide by your interpretation of Gods law if we don't believe? what if we all of a sudden said that anyone that believes in God should be allowed fewer rights than those that do?
    Give non believers tax free status on their properties. Just why do religions have tax exemptions anyway? God doesn't want money.

I have great respect for other peoples religious beliefs, but i have little respect for any view that denies equality of earthly life.

Please explain to me just how gay unions will damage hetrosexual marriage?...because they won't threaten my marriage one bit.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #137
    but what about those that don't believe in your God? Why should we abide by your interpretation of Gods law if we don't believe? what if we all of a sudden said that anyone that believes in God should be allowed fewer rights than those that do?
    Religious zealots and God have very little to do with each other.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #138
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    With the assumption that he's referring to the Christian God, there's still the problem of which "branch" to follow, to the interpretation of the divine. Roman Catholics and Anglicans (just to pick two) have very different interpretations of some issues. And even within their own sects, the churches are splitting.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #139
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by j2k4+19 August 2004 - 23:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 19 August 2004 - 23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@19 August 2004 - 17:54
    --End of ball smacking.
    Ah...

&#39;Tis as I thought, then.

[/b][/quote]

If I could be excused the ball smacking I would be extremely grateful.

J2, Busyman

Thank you for the kind words - although I must admit I wandered into this one without any real understanding of the internal US political dynamics. I am just glad I did not set off any land mines

Spamhandel

It has been said that he actively avoids such contact if at all possible, preferring to take tea with those whose hearts have a kinder disposition.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314