Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Guys Ever Heard Of....

BigDaddy555's Avatar ONE MIN. NINE SEC.
    a trojan or virus that keeps your firewalls from starting up? I have Sygate and Zone Alarm, yet neither of them will work even after reinstalls. It is listed in the "running processes" and every once in a while it will flicker like it is trying to start, but it wont. Odd! I have run every A/V, antispy, adaware, etc..that I know of and even registry mechanic and system mechanic. Any ideas or perhaps a firewall that I might like as much as one of these. I really dont want to reformat just for this. My system appears to be clean.............

Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Hmm well that is a very strange problems. there are a few more good firewalls in my pinned guide (link in sig) that u could try to see if they will start...and use them until u get zonealarm or sygate working again...or just use them instead.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    its very well known of for that to happen. I know of a trojan that gives the option to disable AV and firewall once its ran

just try an online scan and scan your system

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    are you trying to run them both at the same time?
    that is definitely a no-no. they will clash and refuse to run.

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BigDaddy555's Avatar ONE MIN. NINE SEC.
    Originally posted by gildan2020@26 July 2004 - 03:21
    are you trying to run them both at the same time?
    that is definitely a no-no. they will clash and refuse to run.

gildan2020
    no, I had Sygate and started using Zone Alarm, which I like better. Till they both crashed at the same time........

@TheRealDave:where do you suggest as far as an online scan?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by BigDaddy555@26 July 2004 - 06:51
    a trojan or virus that keeps your firewalls from starting up? I have Sygate and Zone Alarm, yet neither of them will work even after reinstalls. It is listed in the "running processes" and every once in a while it will flicker like it is trying to start, but it wont. Odd! I have run every A/V, antispy, adaware, etc..that I know of and even registry mechanic and system mechanic. Any ideas or perhaps a firewall that I might like as much as one of these. I really dont want to reformat just for this. My system appears to be clean.............

Thanks in advance.
    Thoes r not virus, if u have pirated copy of thoes firewall installed then they wont work MOST OF THE TIMES.
    i had same problem with few security Apps.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user+28 July 2004 - 09:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bawa@Klite_user @ 28 July 2004 - 09:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigDaddy555@26 July 2004 - 06:51
    a trojan or virus that keeps your firewalls from starting up? I have Sygate and Zone Alarm, yet neither of them will work even after reinstalls. It is listed in the "running processes" and every once in a while it will flicker like it is trying to start, but it wont.&nbsp; Odd&#33; I have run every A/V, antispy, adaware, etc..that I know of and even registry mechanic and system mechanic.&nbsp; Any ideas or perhaps a firewall that I might like as much as one of these. I really dont want to reformat just for this.&nbsp; My system appears to be clean.............

Thanks in advance.
    Thoes r not virus, if u have pirated copy of thoes firewall installed then they wont work MOST OF THE TIMES.
    i had same problem with few security Apps. [/b][/quote]
    my avg antivirus is not working neither is aida32 and both are free

My Blog
    I'm still here.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    There are quite a few viruses that shut down the zonalarm, symantec and avg processes.

You might not be able to erase them with an av, &#39;cos some get stuck in pretty good.

Panda
    Trend

One of these ought to be able to find it at least, if it isn&#39;t very new.

If you find something but can&#39;t delete it, try googling for the name, often there is a fix somewhere.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    well so far with the panda online scaner:

Scanned Yes 52877 0
    Infected - 2 0
    Suspicious - 0 0
    Disinfected - 2 0

My Blog
    I'm still here.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    well in total i got like 13 viruses and it fixed all of them...

and my avg is now working B)

thanx snny

EDIT: nvm its still not working... it shows the loading screen adn then nuthing happens

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast