Thread: All Hail Lance Armstrong!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Please deposit kudos here....

The man is UN-FUCKING-<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>REAL&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #2
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Yes great achievement. It was a tough tour where he was way better then the others.

Too bad he had to punish and dehumiliate Simeoni on friday the way he did...
    A great champion doesn&#39;t need that kind of tricks.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by jetje@26 July 2004 - 10:41
    Yes great achievement. It was a tough tour where he was way better then the others.

A great champion doesn&#39;t need that kind of tricks.
    What happened?

I don&#39;t really follow the biking.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by manker+26 July 2004 - 05:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 26 July 2004 - 05:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetje@26 July 2004 - 10:41

A great champion doesn&#39;t need that kind of tricks.&nbsp;
    What happened?

I don&#39;t really follow the biking. [/b][/quote]
    I wondered about that myself; the way I heard it, he told the fellow to go ahead and take the stage, which would have been his first in Tour competition.

Apparently this Simeoni didn&#39;t take the bit the way Lance would have preferred, and Armstrong blew by him right at the line to take the stage himself.

Maybe he was sick of being spit on by the French fans...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    jetje's Avatar former star
    No that was with the German rider Klöden.
    Lance tried to let his helper Floyd Landis win the stage, but Jan Ullrich counter atttacked him, then Lance counter attacked Ullrichs helper and beated him on the finish line... That was sporting revenge, and i sure can dig that.

The Simeoni story is a different one.
    Simeoni started an attack and went out of the peleton to join a group that was trying to get out of the peleton. He did close a 2min gap and joine d the stage leaders, with hopes to have a chance to win the stage.

Lance then counter attacked and closed the gap very fast, then he ordered Simeoni to leave the leading group. if he didn&#39;t Lance would stick in that group, wich would have resulted in the rest of the peleton chase them down, to close the gap to armstrong. Except Armstrong there where no riders in the leading group that played a role in the overall standings. so with Armstrong in the group they wouldn&#39;t stand a chance to stay out of the reach of a chasing peleton, but without Armstrong they could have a chance, cause the peleton probably would stop the chase. Simeoni then tried to be fair to the others in the leading group and decided to listen to Armstrong and left the group to join the rest of the peleton, and so did Armstrong.
    What was the reason for Armstrong to force Simeoni out of the leading group. And to give up hope of winning a stage in the tour de france.
    Well Simeoni was 2 years ago caught with the suspection of using drugs, he did got subscriptions and threatment from a famous Italian medic, DR Ferrara. He told justice department of the threatment he got there.... Coincedence or not, DR Ferrara is the doctor Lance Amstrong visited after his cancer cure and before winning his 1st tour de france. Lance seems angry at Simeoni cause Simeoni makes Armstrong a possible drug suspect. and Armstrong wishes to ban all rumours about possible drugs around him.

Imho Armstrong is wrong in the way he attacks Simeoni. Simeoni tries to be a fair and square driver, with an open story to justice bout the way he&#39;s been medical supported. He never accused Armstrong, he just tells about the way ferrara works&#33;

A long and hopefully understandable story about what happened....