Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue-laser Dvd Recorders & Hd Dvd

what the hell is Blue-Laser DVD Recorders???whats the diff????

what is HD DVD??and why is it compared with Blue-Laser DVD Recorders???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    i doubt there will be much. do they use the same DVDs or are they the really small DVDs?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    blue laser is a finer, more advanced type of laser that can read/write more data on a disc. i believe traditional CD/DVD lasers are "red." blue laser DVD holds more data.

HD DVD is high definition DVD Video. the original DVD Video standard has a picture resolution of 720x480 for NTSC, and whatever the resolution is for PAL. when you display it at its full resolution (480p) on an HDTV, it is "enhanced definition" but not "high definition." HD DVD will be designed to use the higher resolution modes on an HDTV (720p or 1080i).

blue laser and HD DVD are not the same thing, but they'll be used together 'cause the blue laser medium allows for the larger data capacity which will be necessary to achieve high definition. so far the only commonly available home video format that uses high definition is D-VHS. HD DVD is still only in its development stage, as far as i know.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    remember from 5th grade science ROY G. BIV

Red has a longer wavelength than blue, so therefore more data can be stored in the same space.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i read somewhere that HD DVD's can store 23gb i think so i am not sure and where can i find more details to buy a Blue-laser Dvd Recorders, heard it released in japan!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeh, i'm pretty sure blue laser recorders are available, but HD DVD will not hit the market for quite a while. HD DVD will be a type of blue laser DVD, just like DVD Video is a type of DVD and CD Audio is a type of CD.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    23gb! That's more than half my hard drive.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by slim150@26 July 2004 - 06:05
    remember from 5th grade science ROY G. BIV

Red has a longer wavelength than blue, so therefore more data can be stored in the same space.
    BIV? wtf is that? Dont you mean BV?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ROY G BIV = Red Orange Yellow Green Blue... Indigo and Violet?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@26 July 2004 - 14:02
    ROY G BIV = Red Orange Yellow Green Blue... Indigo and Violet?
    yup.
    learnt that in grade 10 science. B)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast