Thread: How Do I Add/remove Programs

Filliz's Avatar ______________
    I have a lot of useless things in it(as you can see) and i want to replace them with other programs to show up in the quickstart menu.

Image Resized
    [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/Filliz/quickstart1.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Things like the wmp,real one( threw that off of my system ages ago),outlook,sonic,...are the things i want to get rid of because i hardly/never use them.

So how do i do this?

And why does that real one player keep showing up?
    Stupid musicmatch folder is also still in my program files,and I removed that months ago as well

hmm...asspie

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Right-click on the item should have a menu which will allow you to delete it.

To add new ones, try dragging and dropping from the desktop onto the quicklaunch toolbar.

RealOne player: You probably have RealOne Agent running or something, try disabling this, or look in the options of RealOne player to stop it putting itself back in..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Create a new shorcut and let it point to "appwiz.cpl".

That opens Add/Remove programs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Right-click on the item should have a menu which will allow you to delete it.

To add new ones, try dragging and dropping from the desktop onto the quicklaunch toolbar.

RealOne player: You probably have RealOne Agent running or something, try disabling this, or look in the options of RealOne player to stop it putting itself back in..
    Tried right-clicking the icon in the QS-menu to remove wmp from it but that didn't do anything.It supposedly deleted the shortcut but it didn't

Weird thing with RealOne player is that it is no longer in my Add/Remove software folder nor in my program files.
    Same thing with Musicmatch Jukebox...it's not in the Add/Remove,but it does have a folder in my program files
    Tried deleting it before, but it keeps coming back after rebooting my PC.

ermmm...stupid question maybe(probably) but...create a new shortcut for what?
    And how do i make it point to "appwiz.cpl"?

hmm...asspie

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Just right click on that "Quick Lunch" and choose "Open" there u can add or remove any SHORTCUTS

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@27 July 2004 - 15:55
    Just right click on that "Quick Lunch" and choose "Open" there u can add or remove any SHORTCUTS
    Right-clicking "Quick Lunch"(mmmm...tasty ) and "Open" just opens the menu...there's no option for adding or removing software to the list.

Anyway,i managed removing the unwanted shortcuts out of it,now i'll try to add shortcuts by "drag&drop"

hmm...asspie

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Filliz@27 July 2004 - 09:36

ermmm...stupid question maybe(probably) but...create a new shortcut for what?
    And how do i make it point to "appwiz.cpl"?
    right click desktop>new>shortcut>type appwiz.cpl>then make teh nae add\remove programs.

now drag it to the quicklunch bar.