Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Scanner Software

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I have a HP PSC 1315 All-In-One printer, and I was wondering if there is any good scanning software out there? I tried Googling, but couldn't find anything good.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What's wrong with the software provided ?

I've been looking at this one to replace what I have - But there's no mention of OCR software ... does it have character recognition ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Here is the thing, my computer, it sucks. It sucks so bad, that when the CPU usage is high (80%-100%) for about a minute, my system crashes, its been like that for the last year or so.

HP was thinking "Hey lets give this printer a shitload of crap that needs to be installed, with an installer that takes "approx. 35" minutes."

In short, my computer crashes when I try to install the software. I managed to get the drivers installed, so I can print, and thats it. So I was wondering if there is software out there, that isn't huge, and needs a big installation, that I can use.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, I hate my computer, and I can't get this damn thing to work.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    xp has built in scanner support. Works pretty good too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm using Windows 2000.

My printer is a "Twain" device, I'm pretty sure. When I try to scan with Twain supported programs, like Paint Shop Pro, I get the HP Scanning screen, and then this error:
    The scanned image will exceed the maimum available memory size on your system. To reduce the memory size, try one or more of the following: Close programs blah blah.
    I'm guessing this is because I don't have the software properly installed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    http://www.scansoft.com/omnipage/

Try omnipage. It's not free so you'll need to be resourceful. I got mine a while back from emule. Now I just use the xp scanner becuase that proggie is a bit bloated but it works.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    if all else fails try loading all the software onto the hardrive and install from the harddrive. I had same problem with software for my webcam and it was only way software would load

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    probably time for a format.

what are your specs, anyways?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    @The_Hunter
    Tried that. I don't know why, whenever a program puts strain on my CPU, raising the CPU usage to 80-100%, my computer will crash. I absolutely can't play games on my computer, nor can I install big applications.

@ROSSCO_2004
    Tried formatting, many times. I gave up on my computer a long time ago, plan on buying a new one soon.

P4 1.6GHz
    386 SDRAM
    64MB GeForce 4 MX420
    Windows 2000Pro

My computer freezes when in stress, my burner can't burn shit onto a CD-R, but works great with CD-RW's. My printer can't even Scan because I can't get the software in.

EDIT: Yeah, and thats why I'm looking for a scanning program thats light and easy to install.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

rpobably a driver problem. I know u can fix this...unles there is actually something wrong with ur motherboard or cpu...

install latest graphics, sound, chipset (at motherboard website), and ide drivers if they are seperate from teh cipset ones...see if that makes any difference.

also have you tried using windows xp instead?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast