Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Hotmail Account Filled With Advertisment

  1. #1
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Slovenia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    888
    This pisses me off.

    I've never received any advertisment in my Hotmail Inbox before, but during the last week they just keep coming.

    I suspect that Microsoft has sold our addresses to one of those marketing companies.

    Is anyone else having the same problem lately?
    It has happened to me and my brother, who also uses a Hotmail account.

    I keep unsuscribing to them, but we all know how that works (not).

    Damn Micro$oft.

  2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,176
    I use Hotmail too tilen and don't have that trouble, been on any dodgy websites lately?

  4. Lounge   -   #3
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Slovenia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    888
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@22 March 2003 - 14:49
    I use Hotmail too tilen and don't have that trouble, been on any dodgy websites lately?
    Nope. I never give out my e-mail address unless it's absolutely necessary.

    Hmmm, just wait and i bet you'll get some advertisment in your Inbox soon too.

  5. Lounge   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    443
    I've always had ads on Hotmail, but what pisses me off is that you can only block 250 addresses/domains i mean, i have about 200 domains and 50 addresses blocked now and can't block anymore! What's worse, Hotmail has a bug (or maybe it's just me), that you can't unblock anyone for some reason. Too bad, i've had my Hotmail account for years now looks like i'll have to switch...

  6. Lounge   -   #5
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    1,035
    Originally posted by tilen76@22 March 2003 - 14:47
    This pisses me off.

    I've never received any advertisment in my Hotmail Inbox before, but during the last week they just keep coming.

    I suspect that Microsoft has sold our addresses to one of those marketing companies.

    Is anyone else having the same problem lately?
    It has happened to me and my brother, who also uses a Hotmail account.

    I keep unsuscribing to them, but we all know how that works (not).

    Damn Micro$oft.
    I've noticed a gigantic leap in my spam also. I used to get maybe one piece of spam mail every 3 months, now it is at least one or two a day, and I have a feeling it is just going to get worse. DO NOT CLICK ON THE 'UNSUBSCRIBE' LINK!!!!!! That just shows the companies that the account is still valid, you will end up with more spam!!!!!!!!!
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

  7. Lounge   -   #6
    NIRVANA's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    venlo, the netherlands
    Posts
    63
    maybe you can put your hotmail account in outlook or an other mail program.
    it will give you more "block space".

  8. Lounge   -   #7
    I'm experiencing exactly the same - and I am not using hotmail. And it definitely seemed to increase the more I tried to unsubscribe.

    I wish I had seen your tip earlier dwightfry.

  9. Lounge   -   #8
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Slovenia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    888
    Originally posted by dwightfry@22 March 2003 - 15:17
    I've noticed a gigantic leap in my spam also. I used to get maybe one piece of spam mail every 3 months, now it is at least one or two a day, and I have a feeling it is just going to get worse. DO NOT CLICK ON THE 'UNSUBSCRIBE' LINK!!!!!!  That just shows the companies that the account is still valid, you will end up with more spam!!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm. I have never thought of that before dwightfry. Thanks for the tip.

    I guess address blocking is what I need to do.

    And if someone is interested, the mails are coming from:

    specials@dealsfromtheweb.com (or info@dealsfromtheweb.com)


    I have no idea where they got my address. I really believe that even Micro$oft has started to sell Hotmail addresses to the marketing companies now.

  10. Lounge   -   #9
    try using mailwasher, it bounces the spam back to them, like your email address is invalid. Doesn't help all the time because i think they just keep selling old email addresses, ms is selling them, or they are sending out a sh*t load to random email address, some fake, some real.

  11. Lounge   -   #10
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Port Dover, Ontario
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,413
    Tilen, I've had a huge increase in junkmail lately (close to 100 per day) on my business email which is REALLY odd as I rarely ever give that one out except to my clients. I'm lucky, I know my host well, so he's been working on blocking a lot of servers - but it's like fighting a losing battle. Block one, ten more appear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •