Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dat's Don't Become Files.

hey, this is possibly really stupid, but i have been using kazaa for years on a dial-up connection but i finally got a cable connection on the weekend. now very often when downloads complete, they as expected, disappear from my traffic window in kazaalite, but they remain as .dat files in my shared folder.

i have tried rebooting the pc and restarting kazaalite numerous times.
    this may seem trivial as i know there are other ways, but the main problem is becuase i am downloading episodes of a series and because the files are maintaining their .dat name, i dont which episodes i have.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    rename the dat-files extention to .mpeg, .avi,...(whatever it's supposed to be)

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i know, but then i don't know the filename which was the main issue.
    thanks for that though.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    it mainly happens when you preview the file in kazaa.. close the file and kazaa then reopen kazaa

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by dOnt_mOsh_machO@28 July 2004 - 17:19
    i know, but then i don't know the filename which was the main issue.
    thanks for that though.
    srry,didn't think about that.

hmm...asspie

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    If ur not sure of what the extension is, I think you can view the info in KDat. I think KDat tells you the extension, then rename the dat file to whatever it is.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Bishtawiman@28 July 2004 - 19:17
    If ur not sure of what the extension is, I think you can view the info in KDat. I think KDat tells you the extension, then rename the dat file to whatever it is.
    it's not the extentions that are a problem,it's not knowing what episode the file is

hmm...asspie

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by Filliz+28 July 2004 - 13:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Filliz &#064; 28 July 2004 - 13:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bishtawiman@28 July 2004 - 19:17
    it&#39;s not the extentions that are a problem,it&#39;s not knowing what episode the file is [/b][/quote]
    KDat can show that as well, it&#39;s under the advanced tab, in the "local path" field
    one other reason it might not be going to the filename when you run kazaa is. . . did you change your download folder recently?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    maybe if you&#39;re not sure which dat file(s) to rename try looking at the dates they were last modified or try pulling out dat files one by one while you are connected. You will get an error message if it is an active dat, if it&#39;s one that is complete but not converted you will be able to get it out of your shared folder while connected, then you can change the extension and open it. I had the same problem and just read this post and tried what i just suggested and it worked.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    @ TheRealDave

Nice avatar.....Jessica Simpson?

mrlessk :beerchug:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast