Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 2 Hard Drive Loader

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    http://www.modchipstore.com/product_16189_..._7200_RPMs.html

well if you get this you can load the games from the HD..... can you use your own computer HD? or does ps2 use like a specfic Ps2 HD? so i can just get the HD loader and boom i dont need the dvd burner or anything.

2. Games   -   #2
    muchspl2
    hdloader.com got owned by sony
    you need a maxtor 120gig or less, it doesn't support more than 120 gig HD
    and suprnova had the torrent for the software, so.. seems alittle much for a 120 gig HD

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 July 2004 - 22:49
    wait so u can use any like computer HD right? cause if you can... blockbuster is my favorite place to be

4. Games   -   #4
    muchspl2
    yes, Maxtor was recommended at hdloader.com

5. Games   -   #5
    how would you hook it up together like the ps2 and the HD?

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Monkeee@28 July 2004 - 23:02
    how would you hook it up together like the ps2 and the HD?
    ya need the network adapter, connect network adapter to harddrive, then network adapter to ps2

7. Games   -   #7
    Holy shit sweet thx... now i gotta do is save up and get the HD loader AND EVERYGAME IS MINE!!!!

8. Games   -   #8
    Ps2 supports up to 127 gigs. Best to get atleast 40. Doesnt really matter if its 7200 or 5400 cause ps2 can only handle 5400. It doesnt have to be Maxtor either. Most new hdd's will work.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Games   -   #9
    problem is that a lot of non-Maxtor drives have trouble getting physically connected because the PS2 network adapter does not use cables... it has two fixed-position hard drive connectors for data and power. most PC hard drives have those connectors in similar positions, but not precisely the same.

so if you try to connect a hard drive that doesn't quite fit, it is possible to remove the protective plate from the network adapter, do a minor alteration to move the power connector to a slightly different position, then put the plate back on... it only takes a few minutes, but you should still be careful if you try to do it. and you would require a Torx screwdriver.

if you have a spare non-Maxtor drive lying around, you may be able to get it to work even if it doesn't immediately fit onto the adapter. but if you are buying one specifically for the PS2, get a Maxtor and save yourself from the trouble.

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 July 2004 - 14:49
    and suprnova had the torrent for the software, so.. seems alittle much for a 120 gig HD
    lolz. yeh, i saw early rumors several weeks ago, that Sony was sending out cease & desist letters to anyone selling HD Loader, so i hurried up and bought one for my non-chipped PS2 (got a flip-top instead) before it went the way of the dodo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast