Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All New Me

Time for a makeover.
    This time it's my decision, not that idiot Clocker's.

I have heard through the secret computer backchannels of a smokin deal on a Cooler Master Wave Master case.
    It was a special order that somehow didn't work out and I can get it for $100.
    My second choice is a server case that has just become redundant up in Boulder.

Tomorrow I shall send Clocker out to bring me the two cases so I can decide.

Oh, fun.

Anyone here have any personal experience with the WaveMaster?
    <span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Resistence is futile.</span></span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Wait a minute...where did you get &#036;100?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    i hate this&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Clocker&#39;s become your zomby&#33;

you evil...thing&#33;

Kill it&#33;

nice case though.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I dunoo.

The coolermaster cases, some of the I was just looking at, have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust, which we know is a no-no. They also dont seem to be very roomy.

Clocker I am not exactly sure what you are looking for nowdays lol but really I wish everyone would try the Chieftec mid tower dragon.

The case is so nice on the inside. It has snap in fan mounts for EXTREMLY easy fan placement, and the places inside it are so nice for wiring god I love it. Where ever you need to mount a wire, there is a place. You will see when we take more pix of Matts new computer, how the only wire you see is the ATX power wire. Everything just seems to fit together so perfect. The removable HDD things make it SO easy to use too. When matt first saw it he loved how easy it was. Also, the fans are not restricted by little holes. They have big squares cut out into the back of the fans, so there is no reduced airflow, and same goes for the front of the case, it just slides in through the slots.

Its just a suggestion....I love the look of the coolermaster ones too, but I just want yall to know how much I love my case. Have fun clocker.. or sproket.. or ...
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx+29 July 2004 - 05:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdawgfoxx &#064; 29 July 2004 - 05:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I dunoo.

The coolermaster cases, some of the I was just looking at, have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust, which we know is a no-no. They also dont seem to be very roomy.

Clocker I am not exactly sure what you are looking for nowdays lol but really I wish everyone would try the Chieftec mid tower dragon.

The case is so nice on the inside. It has snap in fan mounts for EXTREMLY easy fan placement, and the places inside it are so nice for wiring god I love it. Where ever you need to mount a wire, there is a place. You will see when we take more pix of Matts new computer, how the only wire you see is the ATX power wire. Everything just seems to fit together so perfect. The removable HDD things make it SO easy to use too. When matt first saw it he loved how easy it was. Also, the fans are not restricted by little holes. They have big squares cut out into the back of the fans, so there is no reduced airflow, and same goes for the front of the case, it just slides in through the slots.

Its just a suggestion....I love the look of the coolermaster ones too, but I just want yall to know how much I love my case. Have fun clocker.. or sproket.. or ... [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx
    @29 July 2004 - 05:10
    The coolermaster cases, some of the I was just looking at, have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust, which we know is a no-no. [/quote]
    Unless the fans have been glued in place, it shouldn&#39;t be much of a hassle to take one out or turn it around.

http://www.xoxide.com/cowacas.html
    I think you can mount one at the back, one in the front, and one in the middle of the roof.

Looks roomy enough for a midtower to me.

And it does have that tool-less assembly thing going for it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@28 July 2004 - 22:10

Personally, I&#39;ve never bought into the theory of "balanced intake and exhaust", so that issue doesn&#39;t bother me.
    What does appear to be a problem with the WaveMaster is the front bezel....specifically, the fact that it can&#39;t easily be opened up for airflow.
    When I go to look at it today I&#39;ll pay special attention to that area.

It&#39;s hard to see in pics of the case, but it also looks like the the entire bay structure is one piece from roof to case floor.
    Since Sprocket ( despite her wildest dreams) probably will never have need for 5 HDDs, I have usually removed the lower drive cages to free up space in the case, which might not be possible here.

On the plus side is the removable motherboard tray, a feature I think would be very handy.

As for the server case, it&#39;s biggest asset is it&#39;s size...bigger ( I think) than Sprocket&#39;s current Gateway.
    It is also unusual ( to me at least) in that it has a rear bezel in addition to the front.
    I haven&#39;t seen the whole thing assembled yet, so I don&#39;t know if this is a good thing or not, but it is different.
    Naturally, the server case is not configured for ATX, so a lot of modification will be necessary to fit my board.
    Simply screwing down the board is no big deal, but the whole back panel is different...the I/O panel and AGP/PCI slot area will be off.
    I&#39;d like to try to fabricate a removable tray like the WaveMaster&#39;s if Sprocket decides on this case ( which seems likely...I think she&#39;s lying about having &#036;100).

We&#39;ll see what happens today.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Hey clocker, you seem to have lost control of Sprocket. You better put your foot down right away.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Hey.
    Like he ever had control of me.
    Silly boy.

Clocker and I have reached an agreement.
    I have accepted the server case instead of the WaveMaster.
    This is fine with me ( I probably would have chosen it anyway) as he has agreed to buy me a new 36GB Raptor also.
    My first birthday is coming up in two weeks and he owed me a present.

After he returns the WaveMaster to the shop I&#39;ll have him take some pics of my new home.

Toodles.
    <span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Resistence is futile.</span></span></span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Sprocket@29 July 2004 - 11:25
    Clocker and I have reached an agreement.
    I have accepted the server case instead of the WaveMaster.
    Lucky you. He made the "right" choice.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast