Thread: I Guess Norton Cut Us Off...

I think that when Norton "confirms subscription status" it checks to see if it is a pirated version, because all of the different versions won't upgrade.

I have updated my Virus Definitions manually from their update site, but for some reason with all three versions (different) won't install via LiveUpdate.

I am a little worried because some punk on this board's site told me "A Virus has entered your computer..." and I got a privacy alert immediately afterward...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dl a newer vertion, or use a recovery disk an reinstall windows. i use a recovery disk about once a week.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Downloadable virus definition updates are free, if you're willing to go to their site and do it manually:
    Symantec Intelligent Updater

I don't like running Live Update anyway, I'd rather do it myself. Just save that page as a favorite and visit there once or twice a week.

goodluck =]

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for the tip sparsely, I know about the manual updates (read my whole post), but I for some reason, I can't scan my whole system.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If you want to see if you have any viruses, go to this site and choose your country and press go, then you have to install some software (it prompts you to install it and run it, just press yes), and it will scan the drives you select. This works well for finding viruses that disable norton antivirus.

Good Luck

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    try booting to safe mode to perform the scan.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free