Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Nintendo Ds Pictures

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    looks good, but still not appealing to me, especially if all they have is kidding games. i'll get the PSP instead

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@29 July 2004 - 06:36
    New Nintendo DS Pictures (From The German Nintendo Website)

SOURCE (German)
    this looks completly stupid... why do u need 2 friggin screens...... i'd rather have 1 big ass screen..... PSP is going to OWN this shiz

4. Games   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Monkeee+28 July 2004 - 22:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee @ 28 July 2004 - 22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dark Ride@29 July 2004 - 06:36

SOURCE (German)
    this looks completly stupid... why do u need 2 friggin screens...... i&#39;d rather have 1 big ass screen..... PSP is going to OWN this shiz [/b][/quote]
    I secound that, very bad idea on nintendos part. Like most there ideas after the snes.

5. Games   -   #5
    PSP so sexy....just wanna rub my balls all over it... (as said by some guy in a mag)

6. Games   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Monkeee+29 July 2004 - 01:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee @ 29 July 2004 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dark Ride@29 July 2004 - 06:36

SOURCE (German)
    this looks completly stupid... why do u need 2 friggin screens...... i&#39;d rather have 1 big ass screen..... PSP is going to OWN this shiz [/b][/quote]
    i have to agree. psp is gonna rape this dual screen piece of crap. and psp can play movies.

7. Games   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I don&#39;t know.

This is what I got from a gamer mag...

First of all, it&#39;s quite possible that the psp that has been shown so far, at e3 for example, wasn&#39;t the finished product, there&#39;s talk of downgrading the screen, as it ate too much power, a playtime of a worst 2.5 hours doesn&#39;t sound too exhilarating, which means that you may well need to buy that external battery they have got planned, especially if you want to watch movies.

And the screen is also very expensive to manufacture, at this point it&#39;s supposed to cost 70000 yen to make (they&#39;ll no doubt be able to cut costs once it starts getting made in bigger numbers).

Oh, and the coding isn&#39;t all that grand either, they say it&#39;s possible games for the psp will cost as much to develop as those to the ps2.

Several smaller studios have talked of opting for the ds instead, because of those costs. As it&#39;s fairly close to the n64, and much cheaper to develop games to. And then there&#39;s the touchscreen function, which may be something pretty cool, or a total fuckup.

8. Games   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by SnnY@29 July 2004 - 09:37
    I don&#39;t know.

This is what I got from a gamer mag...

First of all, it&#39;s quite possible that the psp that has been shown so far, at e3 for example, wasn&#39;t the finished product, there&#39;s talk of downgrading the screen, as it ate too much power, a playtime of a worst 2.5 hours doesn&#39;t sound too exhilarating, which means that you may well need to buy that external battery they have got planned, especially if you want to watch movies.

And the screen is also very expensive to manufacture, at this point it&#39;s supposed to cost 70000 yen to make (they&#39;ll no doubt be able to cut costs once it starts getting made in bigger numbers).

Oh, and the coding isn&#39;t all that grand either, they say it&#39;s possible games for the psp will cost as much to develop as those to the ps2.

Several smaller studios have talked of opting for the ds instead, because of those costs. As it&#39;s fairly close to the n64, and much cheaper to develop games to. And then there&#39;s the touchscreen function, which may be something pretty cool, or a total fuckup.
    That Edge, by any chance?

I&#39;ll retype the full article later, but it&#39;s generally like what SnnY said

9. Games   -   #9
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    well the point is no one needs 2 damn screens

10. Games   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Monkeee@29 July 2004 - 10:28
    well the point is no one needs 2 damn screens
    Have you tried it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast