Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: There's A Bat In The Bathroom

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by manker@30 July 2004 - 13:58
    OK Yogi.

I'll just ignore the millions and millions of rabbits, mice, rats and snakes that are killed by harvesters the world over in grain production.

It's impossible to feed the world without killing animals. I wish it weren't.
    Hydroponics could be a solution, however I'm not sure any government would be willing to take a chance and risk billions of £, $ or euros (whatever your currency unit is) to try it on a very large scale.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    It&#39;s impossible to feed the world without killing animals. I wish it weren&#39;t.
    Killing animals for food is perfectly ok in my book. Die hard vegetarians annoys me, you&#39;re only denying human nature.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s necessary to kill animals for food at all. It is quite simple to survive on a flesh free diet. However if other people want to kill and eat animals then that choice is entirely theirs. I have no desire to force my beliefs on anyone else. If I was starving to death maybe I would kill to survive who knows, I&#39;ve never been in that situation so I couldn&#39;t really say for sure. What does bug me though is people who eat meat but moan about certain animals - e.g "yeah I eat cow but I&#39;d never eat a horse" why? surely if you eat meat you eat meat, the shape of the creature it came from should not count in your reckoning. Hell if you eat meat I see no probs with you eating anything even other humans.

ok I&#39;m done
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345