Thread: Where Are They Now?

isamma's Avatar THE OLDEST USER

i was wondering when we are going to reach this point at where more than 1.5 million users vanished from the fast track p2p network and lift to other clients other than kazaa and its sisters. but it was so fast .. just about nine months now after closing K++ project and we reached this .. and now we are on new stage where even old clients cannot connect to new kmd 2.6.4. and kmd2.7 in some new way .. blocking there supernods from being accessed by k++ and k-lite2.6 will kill the another 1 million user and so we will be seeing a fasttrack going down to livels we never ever thouht about .. any way after this long period without even making any change in k-lite 2.6 ( i mean real change like making it usable over sp2 or over kmd 2.6.4 or even kmd 2.7 ... I begin wondering if any one can suggest a new client other than k-lite 2.6 or k++ because they are lagging behind very very much and they even can’t cop with the new kmd's ..

one thing : why not suggest a very good network to users and make it the new hope for p2p software’s ..
    any way hope we all find our lost hope!!!!!

B) :helpsmile:
    THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IS TO LIVE FREE
    *** FREE PALESTINE ***
    http://www.alhares.org/

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by isamma@3 August 2004 - 09:33
    one thing : why not suggest a very good network to users and make it the new hope for p2p software’s ..
    any way hope we all find our lost hope!!!!!
    Ironically, I'd suggest Gnutella network as a general-purpose, decentralized, open-protocol, open access (to Gnutella developers) file-sharing network.
    (I use BearShare betas, but Limewire versions or Gnucleus should work ok.)

BitTorrent (BitTornado here&#33 for finding relatively recent or POPULAR tv shows and movies.

Mirc for odds and ends.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Evolution..... It is a fact of life.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Anyone thought of using XOLOX. It connects to the Gnutella network, EDonkey and FastTrack. It has its quirks but I have had some decent downloads when there was something special I wanted.
    Opinions on XOLOX in my PM welcome.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    XOLOX -- jack of all trades, master of none. It's like Shareaza in this regard -- its Gnutella 1 implementation is particularly bad.

I think it only LEECHES off the FastTrack network. We may hate the network, but there's no reason to unfairly kill it any quicker than it's already dying.