Thread: Virus/yahoo Messenger/ Mirc Wont Copy And Paste

Whats up folks? My problem here today is i think i got a virus or some nasty trojan on my computer. I tried runnin my norton anitvirus program but it didnt run. i tried re installlin norton and it still didnt run. Then i tried burned mcafee virus to a cd and when it went in the drive it didnt wanna install. I tried online virus scans and trojan scans but everytime i do this it stop the scanning in the middle and it wont search no more for virus and trojans. My yahoo messgener is messing up too. Everytime i log in and try to pm somebody , i cant see what im typing or what they typin. somebody plz help me out , im growin gray hair. then mirc wont let me copy and paste(and yes my internet explorer above 6.0. if yall need more info i will regulary check in on this , thanks for da help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Try downloading and running Stinger. It's a standalone virus scanner.
    Boot into safemode and run norton antivirus and stinger there.

Download and run Ad-Aware.
    Before you run it, check for updates. Click the gear at the top and change these settings:
    general> activate:
    automatically save log file,
    automatically quarantine objects prior to removal

scanning> activate:
    scan within archives,
    scan active processes,
    scan registry,
    deep scan registry,
    scan my IE Favorites for banned sites
    scan my hosts file

tweaks>scanning engine>activate:
    unload recognized processes during scanning.

tweaks>cleaning engine>activate:
    automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion and let windows remove
    files in use after reboot

click proceed to save your settings.
    Run Ad-aware, make sure "activate in-depth scan " is checked. Fix anything it finds.

Post a hijackthis log. It may show information about a virus or hijacker.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks mayn,This really helped me out.and do you still want me to post the hijack log?
    Everything is back to normal, except for the nortion antivirus it still doesnt want to scan for virus's.

p.s thanks again

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@28 July 2004 - 17:47
    thanks mayn,This really helped me out.and do you still want me to post the hijack log?
    Everything is back to normal, except for the nortion antivirus it still doesnt want to scan for virus's.

p.s thanks again
    try reinstallin NAV that might help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheRealDave+28 July 2004 - 18:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 28 July 2004 - 18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance@28 July 2004 - 17:47
    Everything is back to normal, except for the nortion antivirus it still doesnt want to scan for virus&#39;s.

p.s thanks again
    try reinstallin NAV that might help [/b][/quote]
    how do you re install nav?

i re installed norton antivirus but it still dont work

What is nav and how do i reinstall dat?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance+28 July 2004 - 19:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZeroTolerance @ 28 July 2004 - 19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@28 July 2004 - 18:03
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance
    @28 July 2004 - 17:47
    Everything is back to normal, except for the nortion antivirus it still doesnt want to scan for virus&#39;s.

p.s thanks again

try reinstallin NAV that might help
    how do you re install nav?

i re installed norton antivirus but it still dont work

What is nav and how do i reinstall dat? [/b][/quote]
    NAV = Norton Anti-Virus.

Sounds like you still have a problem if your Anti-Virus will not work. But perhaps your copy of Norton is faulty. Uninstall that and try to install a different Anti-Virus, like the free version of AVG.

If this doesn&#39;t work post a hijack-this log for one of the guys that understand them properly (not me )
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Sounds like you still have a problem if your Anti-Virus will not work. But perhaps your copy of Norton is faulty. Uninstall that and try to install a different Anti-Virus, like the free version of AVG.
    That&#39;s what I did, I gave up on NAV. I never really had any virus problems with it but after a repair os install, it was not easy to update. After a clean os install to get a good ghost image, it never would update. I like AVG better and it&#39;s free with no upgrade to 02, 03, 04 bs.

edit
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    THANKS BUT I TRIED AVG BUT SOMETHING WRONG HAPPEN, HOW DO U INSTALL IT? U GOT A LINK TO IT>