Thread: Max Speed

Poster
    Whats the max speed that you guys achieved using any p2p program? I use Kazaa Lite K++ and the speed was about 36.00 Kb/s ( the speed is the sum of all download or upload in use) . I use broadband connection.

I saw here that a user could achieve about 300 Kb/s!!! I dont know if he cheated the pic but its amazing!!! (He was using Kazaa Ressurection). If someone have surely this speed, send me a pic showing the spectacular speed, please!!!!
    Funny?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Hi Gilojeleia

The speed You are able to squeeze out of the Kazaa Lite/Fasttrack network depends on a lot of variables. One of them is simply the legal agreement that You have with Your internet service provider. I can upload at a maximum around 50Kb/sec and the maximum download speed is around 200Kb/sec with Kazaa. That's the bandwidth I'm paying for. I have friends that are able to download at 800Kb/sec with other internet service providers. BUT, and this is a big but: to get the highest possible speed you have to get a connection to a user/users that has good bandwidth, and not using it for something else, and the network should be hazzle-free, and Your bandwidth shouldn't be used for something else, and so on, and so on...

300Kb/sec is not impossible at all to get. It will also depend on where You are living (it can also differ much in different pats of the same country, depending on the technical infrastructure). There is a lot of competition in my country among many different internet service providers, and one important sales argument for them is of course to be able to provide higher and higher speed/bandwith.

(I'm running Kazaa Lite 2.43)

/Hammond

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Where are you from? Here in Brazil, the connection is about this speed... I think that those 200 kb/s is fast!!! I have a ext. modem from the company ( the name is Speedy) and its all.
    Funny?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hi Gilojeleia

I'm from northern Europe.

I just did a brief check too see how many different broadband internet service provider's I could choose from, and I found a dozen. And those have a number of different products, depending on how much You are willing to pay for Your connection. The products can be based on RadioLAN, Cable modem or ADSL (broadband through the telephone jack).

The ISP's with the fastest connections I could find were able to give a download speed at 8 Mbps (&#33 and an upload speed at 1 Mbps. Quite good I would say. Faster than I thought. But I have a subscription for a more modest connection, as I told before.

Well, with Kazaa Lite it's not that often I can utilize 200 kb/sec either, but it happens and over 100 kb/sec is not unusual.

But I think like this: I'd rather see a continous trickle at low speed, than seeing More Sources Needed. My comp is usually on 24/7 so it doesn't bother me that much if downloads take their time, as long as they are ongoing.

And if the comp is on and Kazaa Lite is up and running, then a download with that very rare file that You had given up hope on weeks ago suddenly comes to life again! This happens to me at the moment I'm writing this.

/Hammond

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    And if the file is very rare, with five or less sources it will be worthless... It would be just wonderful if all users of p2p programs could use this connection. 8Mbp/s is awesome! We have to wait the improvement of this connections...
    Funny?