Thread: Blocking A Specific User

poolshark111
    Hello: I share all of my files when I'm on K++ but I notice that some people have a zero count on their available files. I don't want to block everyone and if I cancel that upload it just pops up again. Is there a way to block a specific non-sharer from uploading while allowing the people who use this program correctly to continue using my files?
    Thanx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    this program correctly
    Now thats a good one KaZaa is u/s no one uses if correctly most only leech - so its either share and forget or find another p2p.
    Another option is to get netlimiter then slow the user down if you think they are not sharing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by poolshark111@30 July 2004 - 17:24
    Is there a way to block a specific non-sharer from uploading while allowing the people who use this program correctly to continue using my files?
    Thanx
    and how, pray tell, do you know they aren't sharing???

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hi friends

I have seen this topic many times. How to block the user that I think doesn't share his/her files? I would like to give my view.

Well, to begin with: We cannot know if the user in question is sharing or not! He/she can have checked that box - "User's can't get a list of all Your shared files". But still be sharing tons of files! Many users are hiding their files nowadays for apparent reasons, so we need not to dwell further on that...

I have checked that box, so others users can't see all my files, but I'm still sharing, be sure!

And then to the question - How to handle a user that uploads a lot from me? Let me give an example to be more specific: I'm sharing a huge collection of a rather rare artist, and suddenly all my uploads slots are filled with one user that is uploading everything by that artist. How do I tackle this? Well, let the user have the lot and keep Your good temper! That's what filesharing is all about.

(I'm running Kazaa Lite 2.43)

/Hammond