Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Guide To Folding@home (fah)

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Have you got some spare CPU time over?

Why not come and join our successful team?

Read all about it by clicking the following link https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95354

:helpsmile:

2. Lounge   -   #2
    i downloaded it but dont know what to do.can you explain to some1 like me who is stooped
    edit:is it a video game?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    ok i think i get it the prog use's our cpu.we do nothing but leave it on right.
    im bored

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    I need to know few things,
    must our Pc's be On 24/7 or we can cut in line at any time?
    how much bandwitdh does this things takes?
    what is this thing acttualy do and how it works

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@31 July 2004 - 08:14
    I need to know few things,
    http://folding.stanford.edu/faq.html
    got more info here but still a little

6. Lounge   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@31 July 2004 - 09:14
    It is a research project using Distributed Computing. You connect to a server, download a project (called a Work Unit), process the WU, and send back the results. Then you start again. You get points based on the complexity of the project.
    It takes just a few seconds to download a project, which then runs on your pc with no access to the project server. When complete it again takes only seconds to send the results. Occasionally it will also need to get an updated version of the software, but that also only takes a few seconds. So bandwidth is not an issue.
    The time limit for sending results is based on a PII 500MHz running for about 4 hours per day. Obviously the more powerful your pc, the less you need to have it running in order to satisfy the requirements. It only uses cpu cycles which are not being used for anything else, so there is no harm in having it start when your pc starts up and left running until you shut down.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED
    hey nigel,i'l rejoin when i upgrade to 64'.Atm' i only have one cpu...fah rises the temp in the 70's...

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by ck-uk@31 July 2004 - 06:04
    hey nigel,i'l rejoin when i upgrade to 64'.Atm' i only have one cpu...fah rises the temp in the 70's...
    You need to improve your cooling. I'm sure your PC runs hot like that when you play games also.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    You would be more than welcome to (re)join. Check the latest statistics on our teampage: http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=34905 by clicking on this link.

It really does not matter if you do one work unit or many, your work unit(s) might be the one that leads to the scientific breakthrough in curing Cancer, Parkinson or some other awfull sickness.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by nigel123@31 July 2004 - 13:23
    You would be more than welcome to (re)join. Check the latest statistics on our teampage: http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=34905 by clicking on this link.

It really does not matter if you do one work unit or many, your work unit(s) might be the one that leads to the scientific breakthrough in curing Cancer, Parkinson or some other awfull sickness.
    why am i not on the list?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast