Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-virus

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    NAV is best but sometimes when a virus shut it Down(NAV) and u cant restore it i realy get pissed.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by gildan2020+2 August 2004 - 05:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gildan2020 @ 2 August 2004 - 05:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@2 August 2004 - 04:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-gildan2020
    @1 August 2004 - 19:39
    ...symantec antivirus corporation...this one is for corporate (but normal home users can use it just as easily), which is why it takes up less resources (much less)...

That&#39;s not strictly accurate.
    strictly??? now that&#39;s a controversial word

perhaps u could provide a better version [/b][/quote]
    I did post about Symantec memory usage on my system in this forum before but I think it got lost in the restore a couple of months ago. It&#39;s really not as resource friendly as many would have you believe.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@2 August 2004 - 01:10
    NAV is best but sometimes when a virus shut it Down(NAV) and u cant restore it i realy get pissed.
    That tells me it isn&#39;t the best.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by NightStalker+2 August 2004 - 14:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 2 August 2004 - 14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@2 August 2004 - 01:10
    NAV is best but sometimes when a virus shut it Down(NAV) and u cant restore it i realy get pissed.&nbsp;
    That tells me it isn&#39;t the best. [/b][/quote]
    that can happen to any av, if the virus is made to be able to shut down its process.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by gildan2020@1 August 2004 - 20:39
    since u crossed out NOD32, i&#39;m gonna help u crossed out AVG
    that thing is bad, one fella in this forum uses it yet he can get hit by viruses...and he&#39;s not alone
    no AV gives 100% protection.......

ive seen virii infect comps with AVG just as easily as comps with NAV.........

it doesnt differ that much......... all AV&#39;s named here are fine........ i personally use AVG, and havent had a virus yet (since is switched from NAV)........ as long as you keep it all up to date and dont download things of unreliable sites/networks ahum, fasttrack
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal (AKA KAV5). I think I got everyone started on Kaspersky.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@2 August 2004 - 00:10
    McAfee Corp Edition Version 7.1 works great for me because you can password protect the service so a virus can not shut the service off, so you can not get infected as long as you keep it up to date.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    KAV did find a couple of things NAV had missed so far, my first full system scan is in progress right now.

But in all fairness it&#39;s been a while since I had NAV running and a lot of db-updates can happen in a couple of months.

What I do like about Kaspersky so far tho&#39;, is that nifty password prompt for pass-protected files when it found any, which let me scan where avg and NOD 32 skipped, I haven&#39;t found the setting for them to go through those files anyway yet.

Btw, it&#39;s bloody brilliant having a couple of os installs you need to format anyway, that way you can try all kinds of stuff you wouldn&#39;t otherwise for fear of it cluttering up your &#39;puter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12