Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forgetful War Pigs Dressed As Donkeys

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Alex H@2 August 2004 - 20:49

Clinton didn't have an overwhelming need to invade Iraq. Perhaps that was because he knew it was more about politics than dangerous weapons, and decided it would be better to leave the whole thing alone...
    Oh-

Clinton's in play again?

Okay:

Why is it okay to adopt a policy of "regime change" as regards Iraq, then sit on the sidelines and wait for the U.N. to carry the ball?

Or was he too smart to accept his own "dare"?

Clinton had no trouble mustering a few ill-chosen targets for his cruise missiles, but only after getting his own missile sufficiently polished and being found out.

Now, that fairly reeks of legitimacy, doesn't it?

Funny how this just gets a pass from all of you....oh, that's right......no one died.

I wonder how many Iraqi babies went without milk, though?

I've heard thousands died for want of that factory's production.

BTW-I'm running for President of the United States on the Anybody But Bush OR Kerry ticket.

Can I count on you guys?

You know it makes sense.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 August 2004 - 20:11

BTW-I'm running for President of the United States on the Anybody But Bush OR Kerry ticket.

Can I count on you guys?

You know it makes sense.
    Hmmm...
    Are you and Nader going to debate?

I would find that interesting.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 August 2004 - 22:11

Can I count on you guys?

You know it makes sense.
    I don't know man. I would entertain that but you seem like an extension of Bush...head and shaft.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 August 2004 - 21:11

Can I count on you guys?

You know it makes sense.
    You’ve got my vote J2.

One question though: Can I be your running mate?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 August 2004 - 20:11

Can I count on you guys?

You know it makes sense.
    I would vote for you but apparently the call has been given for my daughter and i to run....i think we would stand more of a chance if she was pres. and i was vice pres.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Vid please. If you and your daughter were to run against the juggernaut of J2 and myself we’d crush you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@3 August 2004 - 09:26
    Vid please. If you and your daughter were to run against the juggernaut of J2 and myself we’d crush you.
    her manifesto

Are you sure you could compete ?

Anyway, going to be out for the day so "y'all enjoy yourselves y'hear"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I regret that, due to the current monolithic two-party structure we are afflicted with, we will never hear the passion and reason of an Alan Keyes, who can illuminate and elucidate issues so as to humble such as Jesse Jackson.

Whatever Ralph Nader might have to say about anything other than the fallibility of big business, or pollution?

He'll never have an audience for any of his views.

Take, for example, Kweisi Mfume or Julian Bond.

Broadcast their NAACP speeches to the nation.

If we were able to put the true entire range of opinion/rhetoric/philosophy on display for all to see, the undeniable imperative of natural selection would separate the wheat from the chaff.

We would be less likely to suffer the idiots, and much more likely to have a menu of logic and reason; a palette of thought and ideas.

I don't wear my religious beliefs on my sleeve for the precise reason that they are mine, and no one else's.

While I desire to keep my religion to myself, I don't particularly care that anyone is aware that I am religious, but I don't expect to be taken to task for the mere fact of my possessing a belief.

The U.S., while claiming to be the global exemplar of freedom, suffers from a peculiar and overwhelming brand of intolerance which has the effect of stunting exactly those rights which are so frequently touted as the core of American life, and of particular importance to our founding.

In order to make a point, let's consider Freedom of Religion.

Now, there are only three words in the phrase; none are of the ten-dollar variety, and the phrase certainly doesn't require any legal expertise to parse.

How is it, then, it has been found to legally establish active discrimination against religion?

It is apparent that current judicial scholarship, via the addition of a heretofore silent "R" and an "M", has re-configured the phrase to mean, quite literally, Freedom FROM Religion.

A seemingly adjunct bastardization has been applied to Freedom of Speech.

Current interpretation of that right goes something like this:

You may choose to say absolutely anything you like.

You are assured of legal recourse in the increasingly likely event you hear something you object to.

However, if you are

1) White, of Anglo-Saxon descent, and/or 2) Are Christian, or hold any Christian/Zionist beliefs, none of the above applies.

True enlightenment does not exist; those considering themselves to be among the intellectually "anointed" continue to seek retribution and reparation on behalf of historically repressed minorities, and in the process deny them the right and the dignity and the ability to move on from shackles which are, by and large, only imaginary.

Witness the Reverend Al Sharpton at the Democratic Convention, Mr. Mfume and Mr. Bond addressing the NAACP gatherings, warning blacks not to stray from the Democrat "reservation", lest they be branded traitors to the cause.

"Black" is no longer a skin-color; it is an ideology-how else is it possible for Clarence Thomas not to be accorded status as Afro-American?

Those who tout black achievement seem not to have noticed Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice.

Due to an intransigent media, simple conclusions cannot be reached, and simple facts are routinely ignored, and we abide their intellectual dishonesty and sloppiness.

Mediocrity is the desired and desirable norm everywhere we look; the one single concensus on this board is the basic dishonesty of those who hold public office, but our chagrin over this fact never coalesces, for which fact the elected and selected are eternally grateful and supportive.

We have the right, the power and the responsibility to demand more from those WE elect, yet we do nothing.

Oh, fuck it-what the hell am I doing, running for office?

Yeah; take ME to the convention, eh?

They'd love me....

vid-

Tell your daughter her platform places her head-and-shoulders above the likes of P. Diddy.

Actually, scratch that-the less she knows about him, the better.

Sorry for the rant, y'all, I was beset by a prolonged fit of Random Thought.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    No need to apologize for the rant that was very well put.

One thing that I do want to touch on is the reference to religion. That’s one thing that I do not like about the President (you hear that Busyman) is his constant mentioning of religion. I think that what I believe is between me and the man upstairs and no one else and I don’t try to force my religious beliefs on anyone.

You never did answer my question though J2. Personally I think that we’d be unstoppable combination.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@3 August 2004 - 20:43
    I think that what I believe is between me and the man upstairs
    You live in an apartment block?...sorry couldn't help myself.

J2.
    as someone that doesn't believe i probably don't appreciate your experience regarding religion, but i do live in Nm which is a reasonably religious area. None of the churches have sitting space if one doesn't get there early enough. I have probably the opposite to your experience....i get hassle for saying i don't believe.
    Now i have never denied that i could be wrong and i would never TELL anyone that there is no GOD..... but i am not afforded the same treatment in return.
    I am saddened that you feel that you are discriminated against because you hold certain beliefs.

As to the race issue. We are Americans...period... What on earth is this..."i'm irish American, Italian or African American", especially when many haven't stepped foot on their supposed homeland. Don't get me wrong here, ancestry is important and something to be proud of, i myself have mixed ancestors...English & American ..my wife has oriental ancestry, but be more proud of being who YOU are AN AMERICAN and not where your grandparents came from.
    It saddens me that the USA, the land of freedom, needs to look at anyone differently...shame on us.
    On the double standard side of my beliefs i see us as humans...men and women and it saddens me that we have to call ourselves anything at all...we are citizens of the world.

I know that racism exists and i hate it and the USA in many areas has a shameful past and indeed present, but to me i don't see a black man...i see a man, an equal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast