Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supernode Issues

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I wonder if the problem is to do with the supernodes jumping supernodes too often...

Supernodes are just someone else's clients after all, if they are jumping supernodes too much while searching for more sources (does an automatic tool do that?), then there could very likely not be enough time elapsing for a stable network to exist, it's almost like having a changing kaleidoscope of a network. This may cause the "number of users" algorithms to behave erratically, which is what seems to be happening.

Personally, I don't think it's anything Sharman have done, especially as the problem has been reported on all versions of KMD. I also don't believe Sharman have any control over the network anymore, I believe this capability was removed to protect the network from being shut down.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Vargas+3 August 2004 - 08:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 3 August 2004 - 08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@2 August 2004 - 02:23
    I can&#39;t find a supernode that has more than 2 mil people, does anyone know one?
    thats because there is no supernode with 2 million users
    the problem isn&#39;t in the supernodes we connect to, the problem is the supernodes that they connect to. [/b][/quote]
    my supernode has 2,640,950 users sometimes i see it at 3 mil B)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12