Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First (blurry) Look At Msn Messenger 7.0

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    We have informed you earlier that MSN Messenger 7.0 is in development as we speak and we're expecting information about new features soon. But we think that one of our messers, Roy, might have captured a first and exclusive screenshot of Microsoft's next version IM client

The screenshot was taken from a webcast presentation at the Financial Analyst Meeting 2004, in which MSN Messenger 7.0 is described as "a big upgrade". While MSN's Corporate Vice President, Yusuf Mehdi, is demonstrating what he calls "orchestrated advertising" (a combination of rich media and personalization), a screenshot is shown of a Halo banner ad in what looks like an unusual version of MSN Messenger.

We've added our comments and speculations on the curious bits in the layout of, presumably, MSN Messenger 7.0. Our premature conclusions:

- The application's title now pictures the MSN logo with the butterfly, followed by "Messenger".

- Extra icons and links underneath your display name. Possibly for Hotmail, the MSN portal and other MSN services.

- Not one but two icons are positioned in front of a contact's display name (comparable to when you hover your mouse over a contact with Messenger Plus! 3, but then permanent). Not all of them look like the MSN Buddy icon, so this means that either there are new status icons (and/or new statuses) or otherwise a small thumbnail of one's display picture is shown in the contact list. Our third guess is a personal, custom (emot)icon that can be set instead of the default "little green men".

- The image in front of your own display name looks odd too. This could be a thumbnail of your current display picture.

- At the location of the current "I want to..." menu (which in the screenshot is either turned off or completely removed) you'll find a text entry field. We reckon this is an integrated MSN Search box, because with 120 million users of MSN Messenger already that's a brilliant step into getting people to use Microsoft's search engine and nothing else.

Mehdi claims MSN Messenger 7.0 will be released somewhere along 2005. Of course and similar to previous releases, we'll keep you fully informed of all the details we discover until then!

-Mess.be

Screenshot At Mess.be

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    I want animated .gifs

edit:...and what a crappy screenshot

hmm...asspie

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Filliz@2 August 2004 - 11:22
    Well duh, it's still in early devolpment, and the screenshot was taking from a webcast presentation. What else do you expect?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Originally posted by iMartin+2 August 2004 - 18:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iMartin @ 2 August 2004 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz@2 August 2004 - 11:22
    Well duh, it&#39;s still in early devolpment, and the screenshot was taking from a webcast presentation. What else do you expect? [/b][/quote]
    1024x768

hmm...asspie

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Filliz+2 August 2004 - 18:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Filliz @ 2 August 2004 - 18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by iMartin@2 August 2004 - 18:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz
    @2 August 2004 - 11:22

Well duh, it&#39;s still in early devolpment, and the screenshot was taking from a webcast presentation. What else do you expect?
    1024x768

[/b][/quote]
    lol, yeah, i agree......... this looks like someone just made a screenshot of MSN 6 and blurred it with photoshop........ but with a lil imagination its MSN 7 of course
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Storm@2 August 2004 - 12:07
    this looks like someone just made a screenshot of MSN 6 and blurred it with photoshop........ but with a lil imagination its MSN 7 of course
    I was thinkin of that myself, but I don&#39;t think Mess.be would report any bullshit.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    no, i believe its msn7......... just dont think its that special...... just a lil blurry picture..... tells nothing, but leaves alot to the imagination....

and the whole msn7: a couple of add-ons, and thats it......... more like simple plug-ins like msn+

the change wont be nearly as big as with msn5->msn6
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Storm@2 August 2004 - 12:43
    no, i believe its msn7......... just dont think its that special...... just a lil blurry picture..... tells nothing, but leaves alot to the imagination....

and the whole msn7: a couple of add-ons, and thats it......... more like simple plug-ins like msn+

the change wont be nearly as big as with msn5->msn6
    Agreed.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Filliz@3 August 2004 - 01:22
    I want animated .gifs
    yeah, i want that too
    why won&#39;t they include that in?

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    That&#39;s Microsoft for you. Do you actually think they&#39;ll give us something we want, no, instead they give us something completly useless and was a totaly waste of time making, that no one will ever use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast