Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spare Some Bandwidth To Close Some Scam Sites?

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Alex H@3 August 2004 - 03:21
    Ah - The Lad Vampire has carelessly left his source code open and put helpful explainations in it. So if someone wanted to do this to anti-p2p companies, the websites would be...

Overpeer
    Loudeye
    Nabster
    Piracy Is A Crime
    Federation Against Copyright Theft

Out of pure curiosity, can anyone think of anymore...?
    RIAA maybe?

And that idea of using this to DOS anti-p2p companies is brillant. Eh someone needs to set up a web site running this script to take down the anti-piracy companies. I'm sure it would catch on. Dont know about how legal it would be.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Arm+3 August 2004 - 10:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 3 August 2004 - 10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@3 August 2004 - 03:21
    Ah - The Lad Vampire has carelessly left his source code open and put helpful explainations in it. So if someone wanted to do this to anti-p2p companies, the websites would be...

Overpeer
    Loudeye
    Nabster
    Piracy Is A Crime
    Federation Against Copyright Theft

Out of pure curiosity, can anyone think of anymore...?
    RIAA maybe?

And that idea of using this to DOS anti-p2p companies is brillant. Eh someone needs to set up a web site running this script to take down the anti-piracy companies. I&#39;m sure it would catch on. Dont know about how legal it would be. [/b][/quote]
    The legality is questionable.

With these 419 sites it&#39;s a bit different because who are they going to complain to? Can you imagine some low-life crooks complaining because people are trying to close down their scam sites?

So I guess this could be used to attack p2p scam sites but not a good idea to go after legit sites, no matter how much you hate them.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    some people are doing this on the slsk forum to fake slsk websites. it started off with hotlinking their images to your sig, but then you have to do a hard refresh to get it to download again or set your cache to 1k so images arent stored. some people also wrote a script.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I wrote a script once....but I couldn&#39;t get any director to back me, and that bloke who plays the fat bald bloke in coronation street wanted too much pay anyway

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@3 August 2004 - 05:13
    some people are doing this on the slsk forum to fake slsk websites.
    Thats an even better idea. Go after all the fraud peer-to-peer web sites. B) That will be more legal then Denial of Servicing the RIAAs site right?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Arm+3 August 2004 - 10:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 3 August 2004 - 10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@3 August 2004 - 05:13
    some people are doing this on the slsk forum to fake slsk websites.
    Thats an even better idea. Go after all the fraud peer-to-peer web sites. B) That will be more legal then Denial of Servicing the RIAAs site right? [/b][/quote]
    yeah some of them wanted to ping of death them, but it is better to just kill their bandwidth.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    B) I like the idea. all those fake Kazaa sites are full of images so it would work well.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Great&#33; Whoever wants to do it, the Lad Vampire has a very nice and easy to use source code. Just copy it and change the image tags and bye bye "Pay &#036;19.95 for life access to K-Lite" sites.

Please start a new topic with a link&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    The best idea I heard all day. B) Someone could make a prototype on Tripod or some free site to test it.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Looks like I&#39;ll be doing it then, but I don&#39;t have much time on my hands, so it might take a while.

I&#39;ll need a list of fake p2p sites, which is where you guys help me:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast