Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is It Illegal To..

TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    kill your own pets? such as a dog?

Just wondering

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i'm not sure, probably, but it's definately cruel, unless it's rabid, then it's cruel but people are higher up in the food chain so it isn't
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@2 August 2004 - 22:48
    i'm not sure, probably, but it's definately cruel, unless it's rabid, then it's cruel but people are higher up in the food chain so it isn't
    it's not like it's going to get eaten afterwards

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    /listens on with intense interest.

Henry Higgins days could be numbered...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@2 August 2004 - 18:46

Just wondering
    It is not illegal to kill animals here where I live or anywhere I believe. There are some places where the local governments are bunch pusses and have made it illegal. Check your local laws.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Ariel_001+2 August 2004 - 22:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariel_001 @ 2 August 2004 - 22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@2 August 2004 - 18:46

Just wondering
    It is not illegal to kill animals here where I live or anywhere I believe. There are some places where the local governments are bunch pusses and have made it illegal. Check your local laws. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Well.... you should atleast explore your options before doing something as drastic as killing a living beeing.

Maybe give it away?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    The question begs to be asked: Why are you asking?

The only reason I see to kill a living creature is in self defense or for food.....sometimes they are the same if yer hungry enough

Just curiouse,
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    People that even consider things like that have severe emotional problems or issues. At least that&#39;s what I&#39;ve studied, being a psych major and all.

I had a bird once when I was younger and I could never take care of it accordingly. I always had games or events to attend. Anyway, it got spoiled to death because whenever Is was out I&#39;d buy it a toy or something. Strangely I found that as a means to cover up the fact that I really didn&#39;t have time to take care of the bird.

So I noticed signs like when I first brought it home I could let it out the cage and run around the house and it would always look in the mirror and play etc.

Then it got to the point where I was gone so much that I couldn&#39;t even touch it. I mean stick your finger anywhere near the bird and it actually pekked or literally tried to gnaw your finger through the cage. Thinking it must be extremely hungry I tried to feed it more but to no avail. Finally my mom bugged me so much to give to someone who could care for it more than I could and so I did and it later died in that woman&#39;s care but she said it was happy with her when it did.

I still have feelings about that animal and it was wrong to just buy a pet and not take care of it like you would a human. I&#39;ve tried to substitute with other pets but still there is an empty feeling so just recently I&#39;ve done away with all pets period (genocide.........no j/k)

The moral is whatever you want it to be but it&#39;s just plain out wrong to do stuff like that to animals. Just because we as humans can not communicate with them like we can each other we feel we are highly inferior to them and in a sense we are but we should not abuse that priveledge.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    I can see no reason why you would want to kill it yourself.

Get a Vet to do it, then it is perfectly legal. You do not have to have a reason to do it, being bored with the animal is enough.

If you get the Vet to do it, then there is no element of cruelty as the Vet will do it in a humane way, which you cannot guarantee.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast