Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotwiring A Moped

masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    Ok long story short,i lsot my goddamn moped key and now idk htf im suppsoed2turn this SOB on.hotwiring came into mind but idk how to hotwire a moped,only a car.soo any1 kno how to or got a helpful link?i payed tooo much for this thing to let it sit in my garage

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i would have thought the ignition system would be the same on a moped and a car
    maybe you should call the manufacturer or something to get a replacement key

lost your key
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    hotwiring? i thought it was the knife/screwdriver in the ignition

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 18:40
    damnit Richard Dean Anderson has destroyed a generation of hotwiring punks

it's more complicated than that otherwise we'd jsut have screwdrivers instead of keys, but it is fairly simple, unless there's an immobiliser
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Lounge   -   #5
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+3 August 2004 - 17:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 3 August 2004 - 17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 18:40

it&#39;s more complicated than that otherwise we&#39;d jsut have screwdrivers instead of keys, but it is fairly simple, unless there&#39;s an immobiliser [/b][/quote]
    i know nothing on the subject. I just heard someone at school bragging how he &#39;started a car with a screwdriver&#39; and thought it&#39;s kinda the same

6. Lounge   -   #6
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Depends what bike it is and how new it is

Why don&#39;t you buy a new ignition? Only cost you about £15-£20 for a moped one

Piece of piss to fit

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by TheRealDave+3 August 2004 - 17:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave &#064; 3 August 2004 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@3 August 2004 - 17:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave
    @3 August 2004 - 18:40

it&#39;s more complicated than that otherwise we&#39;d jsut have screwdrivers instead of keys, but it is fairly simple, unless there&#39;s an immobiliser
    i know nothing on the subject. I just heard someone at school bragging how he &#39;started a car with a screwdriver&#39; and thought it&#39;s kinda the same [/b][/quote]
    I think you use the screwdriver to jemmy open the door , break in their house, and steal the spare key.

Generally you have to break something to hot wire a vehicle. A new ignition is a small price to pay if you are stealing the latest BMW - a bit of a blow if it is your own moped. The manufacturers should be able to help you.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Paperclips your boy for hot wiring.

Cut the wires from either side of the ignition switch. Then connect up by inserting the strightened paperclip into the wires, the paperclip completes the circuit.

Saves you trying to wrap the copper wires round each other, which can be a bit of a git.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 August 2004 - 20:38

Cut the wires from either side of the ignition switch. Then connect up by inserting the strightened paperclip into the wires, the paperclip completes the circuit.

Saves you trying to wrap the copper wires round each other, which can be a bit of a git.
    Especially in the dark after 15 pints of beer.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Biggles+3 August 2004 - 21:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 3 August 2004 - 21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@3 August 2004 - 20:38

Especially in the dark after 15 pints of beer. [/b][/quote]

Never drink and hotwire.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast