Thread: Trojan Warning @ Suprnova.org?

Poster
    I currently have the latest version of NOD32 installed, anywho, whenever I visit the SUPRNOVA.ORG site, I always receive a popup warning about a certain p2h trojan in my internet temp folder? Anyone else getting these? What should I do?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    This seems more common lately at various sites involving p2p, Ive had AVG alert these at ShareConnector also. As AV apps become more advanced with different definitions and some sites seem to have more strange stuff on them this just seems to the the case for now which will hopefully go away...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    i get the same troja warning wen i visit suprnove too. im also using nod32.

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I get trojan warning with avg when I check out the crack find list on emule. Can't say I've experianced ant at nova though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    theres been a few reports of this in various forums and after talking to the admin i can assure there are NO trojins/virii in the suprnova code. the warning you are most likly getting is from the cookie suprnova sends to you to detect your regional settings so that they can display ads relevent to your country. the particlar cookie is classifyed as LOW LEVELspywere/virii in some anti-virii programmes. this however is a FALSE-posative.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I installed Yahoo's Toolbar, which has a popup blocker. And I never got that message again.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Thank you Beeman.....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    of cause it is wise to keep your anti-virii programme blocking it. as it isnt unheard of for advertisers to put in bad code with out the knlodge of the web site owners. for example what happened to novasearch .

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    I haven't seen a pop-up or the whole suprnova flickerings in months

I'm using some built in pop-up blocker in IE and ad-muncher.

Or use M.Firefox instead of I.E.