Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Internet Browser Is Messed Up

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@5 August 2004 - 18:02
    ok i just tried firefox browser but i still cant copy and paster mirc packets and my yahoo messenger is still messing up. im confuse and stressed out. can somebody please answer my questions. thanks for yall help btw
    if that is the case, you prolly have i virus thats so far in your comp you cant remove it (cept by format)

if you want XP PRO, download it (hashes on this site), best done via emule...... if you look in the requests section, i asked for ed2k links a while ago...... or do it via BT (suprnova has a torrent for XP PRO)

then burn to disk, insert the disk, and boot from the disk........ format your HDD (or just the partition you want to install windows to)

once windows is installed, the first thing you do is install your AV, spybot, adaware and firefox....... seriously, thatll save you alot of crap........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I didn't see any signs of a virus remaining in your hijackthis log you posted. Could be some of your system files damaged . You can repair them by running sfc scannow.

Go to start > run and type in: sfc /scannow

Let it run, if you have your xp install cd, put it in the cd rom drive, scannow will probably ask for it.

There is a way to reinstall IE6 on top of the current install to repair it, but I'm not sure that's the problem. It does involve modifing a registry value, but that'not really hard to do.

Edit: If sfc scannow runs properly, it will repair IE, so no need to reinstall.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Jg427 u been very helpful but unfortunely that didnt work either. I remember earlier you told me to boot my computer into safemode in run stinger and adware and after i did that i turned my computer back on normally And my computer was back to normal thanks to you. but then i did i made an idiot choice by searching for virus's with (Kav) that new virus program. then after it finish searching for the virus my computer starting messin up again(yahoo messenger cant see words)(mirc wont copy and paste).

so i guess if i do recovery disk option would i lose all my drives files?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@5 August 2004 - 19:42
    depends........ lets say you will install XP to your C: drive, and you have your files on another drive, then they wont be harmed.......
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Storm+5 August 2004 - 18:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm &#064; 5 August 2004 - 18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance@5 August 2004 - 19:42
    depends........ lets say you will install XP to your C: drive, and you have your files on another drive, then they wont be harmed....... [/b][/quote]
    3&#39;1/2 Floppy(A)
    Dvd Drive(E)----Cd Drive
    CD-RW-Drive(F)
    Presario_RP(D------ LocalDisk 4.9Gb-----933mb Free---recovery drive
    Extra Drive(G--------LocalDisk 74.5Gb---7.21Gb Free---Bought drive
    Presario&copy;-------------LocalDisk 69.5Gb--12.7Gb Free---main drive

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    I remember earlier you told me to boot my computer into safemode in run stinger and adware and after i did that i turned my computer back on normally And my computer was back to normal thanks to you
    Download and run stinger again, it&#39;s updated on the site everyday.
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Run an online scan after that.
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Run adaware and spybot again.

If this seems to help then take some precautions to keep from getting reinfected. Spybot has tools to help. Go to tools > resident and put a checkmark at sd helper and tea timer. Go to host and click add spybot host list.

Try these free programs.
    SpywareBlaster helps prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
    IE-SPYAD adds a long list of sites to the restricted sites zone of internet explorer.

Visit these sites for more information on securing your computer.
    How did I get infected?
    Dealing with unwanted spyware.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Can you not just try your system recovery program , from your recovery partion first?

On boot its probabley listed as press F2 or the like.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    which one do i choose?

Overview of Software Repair Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your PC includes a set of tools to help resolve software problems quickly and easily.

Important: Prior to starting any of the steps below, it is strongly recommended that you create a set of System Recovery CDs or DVD and a Recovery Tools CD.

To create your System Recovery CDs or DVD, click Recovery CD-DVD Creator.

To create your Recovery Tools CD, click Recovery Tools CD.

Note: System Recovery CDs/DVD lets you recover your PC&#39;s original factory software setup in the event that you experience problems with your PC in the future and system software recovery is not available from the hard drive partition. They can also be used to reload your original software onto a replacement hard drive if you later choose to replace or upgrade your hard drive.

The Recovery Tools CD contains additional tools for managing your hard drive configuration, allocating drive space, and repairing certain software problems.

In the event that you experience a software problem on your PC, you can try fixing it with the recovery tools described below. In most cases, applying the tools in the following order is recommended:

Microsoft System Restore - System Restore is a component of Window XP that you can use to restore your PC to a previous point in time, if a problem occurs, without losing your personal data files. To start Microsoft System Restore, click the link above.

Software/Driver Recovery - The Software/Driver Recovery tool allows you to re-install some software programs and device drivers originally shipped pre-installed with the PC. If you are having a problem with a software program, use this tool to see if the drivers or software are available to be re-installed. To start Software/Driver Recovery click on the link above..

Note: Your software program may not be available for re-installation.

System Recovery - The System Recovery program allows you to recover your PC&#39;s software to the original factory installation.

Caution: It is strongly recommended you first backup your PC to preserve your personal files prior to starting System Recovery.

System Recovery can be started from the following areas:
    Hard drive Recovery partition - To start from this area click the link above
    Recovery CDs or DVD
    Turning on the PC and pressing the F10 key when the colored logo screen appears.

For More Information
    For more information about using these and additional tools, please refer to the Users Guide that came with your PC.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    All of the above&#33; Sorry does seem confusing doesn&#39;t it? Make a back cd first then reboot, press F10 before windows starts.

Edit: Read again carefully its all there . Make a Recovery cd and a Recover tools cd.,
    first then your covered . Then you still have to update windows, virus and other programs you use to protect your puter. Good luck .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by peat moss@6 August 2004 - 01:27
    All of the above&#33; Sorry does seem confusing doesn&#39;t it? Make a back cd first then reboot, press F10 before windows starts.
    i dont find nothing funny at all. my computer messing up is not funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast