Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Internet Browser Is Messed Up

ok i tried what everybody else told me to do, which is post hijackthis results,do full system spyware and virus scan, online virus scans, stand alone virus scans, safe mode full virus and spyware scans, i still havent had luck. i think i have an hacker on my computer fuckin with me. if somebody can tell me how to reinstall internet exploler that would probably help. Problems with internet exploer

1 wont copy and paste packets on mirc
    2 takes a long time to load websites up(sometimes it wont load up)
    3.Yahoo messenger is up(i cant see my personal messages or others when writtin to me)
    4. when i leave my computer on overnight , and wake up to try to play my music files i dont hear no sound. i have to restart my computer everytime.( its seems like all my fequently USES on the computer are messing up but the rest is just fine.

ps i did all securtiy mircrosoft updates still no luck. im getting very pissed off somebody please help me out.

i think if no one help me i think i might have to try system recovery(when i do this will i lose all my movies,musics,apps, files? or just the settings will be freshly renewed?) sombody please help me out. thanks in advance.

btw i would put some smilies faces but my computer wont allow that because of this problem im having.

System

Microsoft Windows Xp
    2.60 GHz
    248 RAM
    Internet Explorer 6.0
    Compaq Presario (system recovery)
    intel inside

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Do a full virus scan and a full scan for spyware.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@5 August 2004 - 15:56
    Do a full virus scan and a full scan for spyware.
    i tried that already but no luck. i did online and offline virus scans still no luck. but appreciate the fast responces

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    format the damn thing, thats the only option you got left. starting off clean will be good for you and the pc.

your pc specs are good for xp pro, so get that installed. its the quickest result rather than spending loads of times in the forum looking for a result to your problems.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@5 August 2004 - 16:23
    format the damn thing, thats the only option you got left. starting off clean will be good for you and the pc.

your pc specs are good for xp pro, so get that installed. its the quickest result rather than spending loads of times in the forum looking for a result to your problems.
    ok how do i format the damn thing?, and how do i get windows xp pro ? and plus i got over 120 gbs of movies,musics,mp3's,and software, i dont wanna lose all that because it took over a years work to get all of that.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@5 August 2004 - 10:23

I would have to agree here, make sure you backup your stuff first.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I dont agree with Chinook no need to Format (but then again why not) cause thru this method you get to understand the problem and will know how to fix it in the future.

In the Future use Firefox as your Browser and fuk IE it allows tons of things thru - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    Seriously use it. youll have it up and running in 5 mins (read the faq)

Should you want to look for more prof trix, tips, advice etc look at
    Tweakxp.com
    ( here is a list of all possible tweaks fixes http://www.tweakxp.com/internet_tweaks.aspx)
    or
    Neowin.net

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Out of The Ordinary
    But dont You have Windows XP already?

And don't talk about format already, use spybot search & destroy or any another spyware remover. Windows Washer is also good to clean Your computer, ad Aware et cetera.

Also have a look at running processes, anything that shouldnt be there?

EDIT: And YES use FIREFOX or learn how to configure Internet Explorer more secure!

BOT

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@5 August 2004 - 16:40
    But dont You have Windows XP already?

And don't talk about format already, use spybot search & destroy or any another spyware remover. Windows Washer is also good to clean Your computer, ad Aware et cetera.

Also have a look at running processes, anything that shouldnt be there?

EDIT: And YES use FIREFOX or learn how to configure Internet Explorer more secure!

BOT
    yes i have windows xp home edition but not windows xp pro. when i use firefox would it copy and paste mirc packets? and my yahoo messenger is a program not the internet so how do i fix that? how do reformat my computer if neccessary? thanks

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ok i just tried firefox browser but i still cant copy and paster mirc packets and my yahoo messenger is still messing up. im confuse and stressed out. can somebody please answer my questions. thanks for yall help btw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast