Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Internet Is Shut Off

Poster
    make a long story short i have comcast cable , i didnt get a bill for 4 months now they send me a bill for 200$, unfort. i buying a house every cent counts., when i try to connect to the inter net it sends me to there home page which states i need to pay my bill and i cant connect to any thing besides that. I am still connected and i still get many o hits threw zone alarm on incoming connection but i cant connect out. Is there a way around this block they put up? sorry if this wrong forum but i dont know where this would go. thanks in advanced
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Double Agent
    err pay the bill?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Set up a paypal account here on this board . I'm sure we will help .

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    That's very illigal and they will start to put more heat on you.. i'd watch out.
    do you have $200? better to get it out of the way instead of confrontation with them.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Get rid of all there software on your computer for a start, then load software for another internet service. Only answer i have maybe others can offer better.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    there is no way around what they are doing.

your internet connection goes through their servers first before going anywhere else.

consequently, they control what you can and [obviously] what you cannot do on the internet.

outside of that, pay your bill you loser. you'll only hurt your credit if you don't

(i don't see how you can buy a house with something like this on your credit)

peace,

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Shit son just pay that bill!

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    My advice is as above pay the bill or alternatively you may be able to take advantage of free trials from ISP's like AOL (if they have free trials in the US). In the UK AOL give you two months free on dial up (very slow ).

You can of course subscribe to another cable ISP, but any debt you have with this one will show up on your credit history.
    Robert00000

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    I can not believe you are ignorante enough to post this, the answer is obvious, pay your bills, and stop being a DEAD BEAT.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Yep pay the bill or set up a pay plan of some sort. You should have inquired about a bill after the 1st or 2nd month instead of allowing 4 months to pass.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast