Thread: Burning Audi Cd's - I Keep Making Toasts

I have never created a Music CD from my MP3's.

I want to do so now and just bought a new CD writer as my old one was crapping out. It has Nero Express bundled with it.

I followed the screen and tried to burn a few Mp3's onto a blank CD-R but all I get is a few small files called Winamp media and they are only 44 bytes long !

It says it will convert my Mp3's to CD audio format and burn them to the CD.

I am computer literate and have made heaps of CD-RWs, but I get no error messages and everything looks fine on screen and I can see no options that I have missed.

I am able to burn CDRW's with my backup data on them so there is nothign wrong with the drive.

Any suggestions ?

PS I did receive some similar files from a friend once so it must be a common occurence.

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?

2. Music   -   #2
    BANNED
    there isnt alot toit erm mate.......

Close express...
    press ,,audio cd ,drag files ,burn...
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img31.exs.cx/img31/516/ooo1.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Most moden hifi's play "mp3"mate..you could burn as normal data...

3. Music   -   #3
    Thanks CK,

But I don't understand what you are saying.

I know it should be easy, but I dont want to make more coasters.

I do not have Nero, just Nero Express.

I don't understand what you mean by Close Express then drag etc.

The screens say to drag files and then click on Burn, but when it burns it just makes these small 44 byte files !

Any more suggestions ? or anyone else had this problem ?

Regards

Digby

4. Music   -   #4
    Do you have Nero Express 6?
    If so at the bottom of it theres a button with just Nero written on it!
    Press that to open nero burning Rom, then choose Audio cd from left hand menu,
    then just drag your mp3's from right hand side to left...... then when you got enough to fill a Cd (check bottom of Nero) click on the Burn Cd Icon at top
    right-ish! it looks like a Cd with a Match on it!

Then a few minutes later............Voila you have your shiny new music Cd!!!

ps If you don't have Nero Express 6 then may I suggest you download it!!

5. Music   -   #5
    Isn't it GREAT when you help someone out and they Thank you with ..........................................................................??

6. Music   -   #6
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@9 August 2004 - 20:15
    Isn't it GREAT when you help someone out and they Thank you with ..........................................................................??
    I know the feeling. A simple 'thank you' would be harmless to him.

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by TheRealDave+9 August 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 9 August 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@9 August 2004 - 20:15
    Isn&#39;t it GREAT when you help someone out and they Thank you with ..........................................................................??
    &nbsp;
    I know the feeling. A simple &#39;thank you&#39; would be harmless to him. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I mean I don&#39;t want a BJ or nothing.......... well maybe if he&#39;s in my area......
    JOKE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Music   -   #8
    Hi Billy,

Sorry I had not replied earlier, I tired what you suggested and my version of Nero Express 5 does have a button to Nero, but when you click on that all you get is a screen offering you their web site &#33;

(Just for interest when I went to their web site later I could find no mention of the program Nero Express &#33;&#33; There was Nero Vision Express, but no Nero Express. It came with my CD burner.

Any way - you not believe what a wanker I feel.

When I tried a couple of my toasts again Windows Media player played them first time &#33;

And then I realised that the small 44 bytes file Nero creates is not the music file at all, but just a small marker filr of some sort &#33;

The problrm was caused by Windows Media player saying to me that the file has some sort of "Unknown scheme" in it. Which was bullshit because when I put the CD in latrr it played perfectly &#33;

By the way you have nice tits &#33;

My user name (I am a hetro guy) comes from my name Digby and my wifes name Philomena (Mena for short) Dig-Men.

Regards and thanks for the help and interest

Digby

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by digmen1@10 August 2004 - 09:06
    Hi Billy,

Sorry I had not replied earlier, I tired what you suggested and my version of Nero Express 5 does have a button to Nero, but when you click on that all you get is a screen offering you their web site &#33;

No worries Digmen.... thanks for your update