Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleeping Noise From Computer Case.?

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Originally posted by clocker@7 August 2004 - 23:59
    Jeez Fugs, you are sounding uncharacteristically coherent today.

EFFiles...
    You might also look in BIOS and see what your temp warning is set to.
    The temperature was the same clocker in bios.Here`s a screen shot in speedfan so i can`t blame the other software.

It`s been the same for a while now.I also took my computer to work and blew all the fan`s out.Mines one of the cases with a side fan and one at the back.The fry temperture of the CPU say`s it`s 85 C which i hope it does`nt reach,but it`s also a scorcher of a day her as well.Lol iv`e got about 25 Gb of films i need to burn to CDr as well because i invested in ones of those super duper divx players.

Back on topic does them temperature look OK for my CPU which a AMD Athlon™ XP 2700+.?????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'm going to hazard a guess that Temp1 is your mobo temp and Temp is your cpu temp.

Temp3 is obviously non-existant, and I would guess that if Temp2 never changes then that is non-existant too. The quick way to check is to note those temps then reboot and look at what they are in the bios.

BTW, do you realise you can change which temps you can see (and their names) by pressing the Configure button? I think you can do something similar in MBM5.

Edit: if you don't configure out the non-existant readings you will get spurious warnings, maybe that's what was happening to you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by lynx@8 August 2004 - 15:36
    I'm going to hazard a guess that Temp1 is your mobo temp and Temp is your cpu temp.

Temp3 is obviously non-existant, and I would guess that if Temp2 never changes then that is non-existant too. The quick way to check is to note those temps then reboot and look at what they are in the bios.

BTW, do you realise you can change which temps you can see (and their names) by pressing the Configure button? I think you can do something similar in MBM5.

Edit: if you don't configure out the non-existant readings you will get spurious warnings, maybe that's what was happening to you.
    Temp 1 my case and temp 2 is my CPU.I`m asuming that just temp is my graphics card.??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by enoughfakefiles+8 August 2004 - 15:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enoughfakefiles @ 8 August 2004 - 15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@8 August 2004 - 15:36
    I&#39;m going to hazard a guess that Temp1 is your mobo temp and Temp is your cpu temp.

Edit: if you don&#39;t configure out the non-existant readings you will get spurious warnings, maybe that&#39;s what was happening to you.
    Temp 1 my case and temp 2 is my CPU.I`m asuming that just temp is my graphics card.?? [/b][/quote]
    Speedfan doesn&#39;t read graphics card temps, so it can&#39;t be that.

I&#39;ve got a suggestion. Switch off for half an hour or so so that is can all cool down, then switch back on and launch Speedfan as soon as you can. If you still get that 63C reading (and I think you will) you can ignore it.

I would have temps of 123C and 124C on some of the non-existant sensors on my mobo but I&#39;ve configured them out, and I&#39;m pretty sure my last mobo had a spurious 63C too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    What about this:

The temperature was the same clocker in bios
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I didn&#39;t want to know what the "temp" was...rather, what the temp "warning" is set to.
    For instance, I have my warning (in BIOS) set at 50c...if the temp reaches that then I get a beeping similar to what you describe.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by clocker@8 August 2004 - 16:45
    I didn&#39;t want to know what the "temp" was...rather, what the temp "warning" is set to.
    For instance, I have my warning (in BIOS) set at 50c...if the temp reaches that then I get a beeping similar to what you describe.
    Sorry Mines set at 75C.Which means it would have had to get pretty hot yesterday for it to go off.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    True.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12