Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless Networking

I know the feeling too well. Oban is a favourite place for my parcels to be delayed (they lost it) and i am still waiting to get a parcel "in 2-3 working days". I am sure it will happen .
    Anywho while im in a posting mood does anyone know a realistic internal house (not stone house) range of the linksys router and cards jus wondering lol

Thanks
    JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    everything u need to know is in teh manual...

u could even go to the linksys website and download the manual for ur specific router now if u want, just to brush up on it all before getting the thing.

also there is a software part of setting it up. probably a bit harder to do than the wired kind...
    SP2, which will be relased in a couple days (tuesday i heard) includes a network setup wizard so maybe you'll be able to download that before the router and stuff comes.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    cool i got a copy of the manual , like you say the software part looks slightly more confusing than pluggin wires in a box . Any way i read a few posts about SP2 , i dont have any speed of internet connection here (56kbs ) but there is satellite broadband at my work so im tempted to give it a go there. I am a radio ham so i have already built some small antennas to boost the range slightly (I got bored damnit lol). Anywho betta stop gabbing and get out the house (Its actually slightly warm here in North scotland!&#33 B)

thanks
    JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by johannes001@9 August 2004 - 08:12
    cool i got a copy of the manual , like you say the software part looks slightly more confusing than pluggin wires in a box . Any way i read a few posts about SP2 , i dont have any speed of internet connection here (56kbs ) but there is satellite broadband at my work so im tempted to give it a go there. I am a radio ham so i have already built some small antennas to boost the range slightly (I got bored damnit lol). Anywho betta stop gabbing and get out the house (Its actually slightly warm here in North scotland!&#33 B)

thanks
    JOHAN
    I have relatices over here from scotland now!
    been here a week, one week left.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Cool man B) .
    Yeah I'm from like Caithness the furthest north part of the Mainland. Its got its good points but we live about 120 miles from any shoping mall or any large shops including computer shops!!! , 30 miles from a cinema and no proffesional footbal hockey or any other sports teams worth watching or concerts etc in over 130 miles!
    anyways i hope ur relatives enjoy their stay! lol

JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12