Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Matrix?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J'Pol@9 August 2004 - 08:32
    Superman couldn't really fly, it denies the laws of physics. However he was a comic book character so we suspend disbelief to enjoy the movie.

I have yet to see The Force being identified by modern physicists, but again I won't get upset about it as Star Wars was just a film I liked.

Sorry if I missed the bit where The Matrix was described by it's makers as a science documentary.
    Check out the full site, it makes for interesting reading. I like a good movie (hated Matrix mind) but it is quite good fun to read how the physics of the movie would bear up in the real world.

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    once i had a dream that i thought it was real but then i a realized it wasen't....

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Retired
    Originally posted by Monkeee@9 August 2004 - 06:07
    you dont know ?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    The Matrix = + :gunsmile:
    hello i am going HOME.......

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J'Pol@9 August 2004 - 09:32
    I have yet to see The Force being identified by modern physicists, but again I won't get upset about it as Star Wars was just a film I liked.
    It's because of midichlorians.

Everybody knows that.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley+9 August 2004 - 13:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr JP Fugley &#064; 9 August 2004 - 13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@9 August 2004 - 07:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @9 August 2004 - 08:32
    Superman couldn&#39;t really fly, it denies the laws of physics. However he was a comic book character so we suspend disbelief to enjoy the movie.

I have yet to see The Force being identified by modern physicists, but again I won&#39;t get upset about it as Star Wars was just a film I liked.

Sorry if I missed the bit where The Matrix was described by it&#39;s makers as a science documentary.

Check out the full site, it makes for interesting reading. I like a good movie (hated Matrix mind) but it is quite good fun to read how the physics of the movie would bear up in the real world.

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/
    i liked the matrix, but i think they should have left it at that. i think it came to a natural conclusion and should just have stopped rather than the sequels, whether they were originally planned or not.

i also liked the first men on the moon (which used anti gravity panels to get there). i liked journey to the centre of the earth which let&#39;s face it didn&#39;t really deal with the heat issues. lord of the rings was good too.

see, suspension of dis-belief is an important thing for these types of movies. you may think the matrix is shite, cool we don&#39;t all like the same thing. however to decry it or poor physics you really need to accept that is true for a lot of other movies as well. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s all the episodes of MST3k that I&#39;ve watched that makes me laugh at things like silly physics, I find if a film is interesting then suspending dis-belief is easy otherwise it&#39;s ripe for a spot of "MST-ing."

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Want inexcusable physics?

Watch Armageddon. It made me laugh, and this physics-teacher I know slightly miffed.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY@9 August 2004 - 14:03
    Want inexcusable physics?

Watch Armageddon. It made me laugh, and this physics-teacher I know slightly miffed.
    The site I linked to has a movie review of Armageddon. I like that movie though cos BW was in it.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Sometimes I actually think that site is a little bit narrowminded, in some of its reviews.

But the Armageddon one hit the spot perfectly.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The review of The Core was genius&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast