Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad-aware Se

Reported to be release at August 09/2004.
    TODAY!

Download Links:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thankx spock , hey whats adaware pro ? I mean what features would it have, I wonder? I bookmarked that site, it's a keeper.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Professtional Version is not a great difference.
    The only feature if you purchase pro/plus version is that it has ad-watch.
    In my opinion ad-awatch is pretty useless. Just download the free version its exactly the same preformance as pro/plus.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hey all,
    Well the lavasoft news article is available here http://www.lavasoft.de/news/20040809.shtml it tells details about the new SE and also they have replaced the product details of the older versions with SE. It seems they are continuing the Standard , Plus and Plus Profesional levels of product.
    Not sure if ill bother updating my core version or if it will come in a update as it seems they will release the Reference files with continued support for the previous version of software.

Thanks for the infos Spock
    JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I can still update my adaware 6 (pro).

But I take it this is the next step?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It seems like this is a "new" version of adaware and i think it will have more fewture but the spec doesnt seem to boast a huge improvment in the actual spyware detection although it does mention some improvments in that area I think i will stick with version 6 pro unit i hear some amazing stories about the SE version and Spybot search and destroy(I think thats what is called ) is still at my side so im not running out to download the new version yet

JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Okay If you purchased Pro/Plus Version you can upgrade forever on what versions they come up with. But if you downloaded it and cracked it good luck being up to date. Like I said Plus/Pro don't make a difference the only feature is ad-watch nothing special and some tweaks that you can't do in personal (free) version.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    Definately download the new version. I just updated and scanned my comp with adaware 6.0 a couple days ago, and found like 1 thing.

Today, I downloaded SE and found like 30 things. There's defiantely some major improvements.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I cleaned which found 2 items then installed the newer version which automatically uninstalls the older and did a the suggested "full" scan with the newer and found 36 items which were all tracking cookies maybe since I had not set the previous to do a "full" scan, either way it seems like a worth while upgrade...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    The pro version is better then SE version, isnt?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast