Thread: Is There A Way To Record Streaming Video?

I have a program that records Windows Media streaming video, but is there anything out there that will allow you to rip Quick Time or Real One Streaming video????

Thanks!!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    This may or may not help:
    Originally posted by kAb

Getting movies off the net:
    (Only confirmed for WMP9)

For those who don't know...

Go to foxnews.com or a site which allows you to see videos (unlike CNN where you are required to pay, unless you have the superpass hack)

open the movie.

then go to your "temporary internet files" file, and find the video. usually it is easy to find as you probably have a different movie viewer as your default movie viewer, and therefore it is the icon. it is not usually however, obviously shown like "BUSH SPEECH". it will often be like: 127836bushpress44 or something.

open the movie. go to file, "save media as"(or "save as") and save it to your kazaa shared folder.

when it is done saving you can go and rename it to an actual name of the movie. you're set :-)

This will work with WMP9, i'm not sure about realplayer etc.
    This works only on sites that you know give you the full clip, and for people who don't want to search the web for it, they can find it on kazaa. for example. the last few minutes of the columbia audio file before it disintegrated. i went to a site which had it. and followed the procedure above to get it onto kazaa where others could listen to it without having to search the web for it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    in win amp there use to be a plugin for RA that would let u rip it
    i havent seen one for QT yet

RA is a propriatary format and they wont let any one else use it
    as this is a bad thing the best way to combat it is to just not dl RA files if no one uses the format it will eventualy ether be opened or it will just die and go away

JUST SAY NO TO RA and spread the word and any time u go to a sight that only offers its files in RA send them an email asking them to provide them in another format becouse u refuse to install RA becouse of the bad reputation they have for useing spyware

they say they dont have any spyware or addware any more. but optout found spyware in a release that they said no longer had it. so they came out with a new one they said realy didnt have it . and so far no one foud any in it yet but they have found that it still connects to there sight every time u use it. but they will not let a 3rd party look at the code to check it out both WMA and QT have both submited there code to 3rd partys to check it for this and where found not to have any

in all honesty i must tell u that this info is about 2 years old and there may be no problem any more but concidering there past performance and the first out right lie about it not haveing spyware in it anymore i would not trust them a bit

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    http://www.souxin.com/en/

go get streamboxvcr from there and use that to capture the stream.

you will probably need urlsnooper to find the soure of the stream first.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Net transporter is the best program. Don't use Streambox vcr, that company will call you whenever you want to download something, unless you get the crack version.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Wyn
    Hi - just reading about saving streaming video. You CAN save videos that have downloaded to Quicktime. Right click on the QT frame and tick the option that says something like 'save to cache', then, as someone else mentioned re another media player, go to your temporary internet files and copy it to your shared folder, or whichever folder you want it in.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    try ASFRECORDER
    You'll have to get the link from the html code

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Really? Ill use that. But on quicktime i cant right click and save/

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    There have been several topics on this very subject on TechTV in the past. I would perform a search on TechTV's website, they have a method of saving different streaming media types, here is a LINK to one of many stories.